Become an integral member of a collaborative team dedicated to supporting scientific research. The Gladstone Institutes, a nonprofit biomedical research organization located in San Francisco, CA, is seeking a responsible, resourceful, and team-oriented individual to join its Information Technology Department as an IT Technician. (This position is full-time, with the majority of time spent on site.)
The IT Technician provides general computer/desktop support to the Gladstone’s internal client base. This entails general troubleshooting and resolution of IT issues related to all institutionally owned computers and peripheral devices as well as A/V system and limited event support. Responsibilities also include active participation in collaborative and independent IT projects, periodic assignment to the Emergency Cell rotation schedule, and compliance with department policies.
Gladstone Perks & Benefits
• People: work with talented, committed, and supportive teammates within an organization that values each member of its community.
• A meaningful place to grow and learn: we have the resources and environment to help you advance your professional skills so you can better support Gladstone’s mission: driving a new era of discovery in disease-oriented science.
• Healthy work/life balance: you are highly engaged and productive at work because you can have time to recharge and enjoy a vibrant life outside of work.
• Compensation: competitive salary and vacation.
• Excellent benefits: generous medical, dental, vision, retirement plan, and commuter benefits; access to free shuttle transportation.
Troubleshoot, often working directly with users (including remote users), issues related to Gladstone laptop and desktop computers and peripherals.
Participate in the commissioning and decommissioning of Gladstone laptop and desktop computers.
Contribute to the onboarding and offboarding of Gladstone personnel, including account provisioning and instruction.
Aid in the installation and troubleshooting of audio-visual systems (projectors, monitors, cameras).
Provide on-site A/V support for hybrid meetings and presentations.
Contribute to the Gladstone IT knowledge base by writing articles useful to both Gladstone users and the IT team.
Impeccable professional customer service at all times, when working with both technical and non-technical end users.
Excellent verbal and interpersonal communication skills, including excellent grammar, proofreading, and editing skills.
Detail-oriented self-starter who is resourceful and can, or quickly become able to, work with minimal supervision.
Excellent organization and independent problem-solving and analytical skills.
Consistently uses good judgment, and values success of the team and organization.
Ability to work in a very fast-paced, dynamic environment, and to work calmly under pressure.
High level of professionalism and accountability.
At least 3 years of experience as an IT technician in a business or academic environment
Experience using an enterprise ticketing system (e.g. FreshService)
Experience providing desktop support of both Windows and macOS, particularly Windows 10/11 and macOS Monterey/Ventura.
Experience with MDM tools (e.g. Jamf Pro, Desktop Central) a plus.
Experience supporting Linux and familiarity with Bash shell a plus.
Experience working with Microsoft Active Directory. (Admin experience with Google Workspace or Okta a plus.)
Experience troubleshooting Zoom meetings and Webinars
Experience with video conferencing systems (experience with Neat Bar a plus)
Experience working with A/V vendors (experience with Extron systems a plus)
Literacy in major presentation software— i.e., Microsoft PowerPoint, Mac Keynote
Salary will be commensurate with education and experience.
- Title and salary will be commensurate with education and experience.
- Gladstone is an equal opportunity employer.