CSL Behring in Kankakee, Illinois has grown into a global biotechnology leader, motivated by that same promise to save and improve lives. We offer the broadest range of quality plasma-derived and recombinant therapies in our industry. We have recently been awarded America's Best Employers for 2022 by Forbes magazine.
The person in this role will have the responsibility for a machine or group of machines (system) to ensure it continues to meet the needs of CSL Behring internal customers. The focus of this role will be to directly drive improvements, reduce wastes, and apply engineering principles/knowledge within a manufacturing department to continuously improve safety, technical compliance, and equipment/process reliability.
- Serves as the technical lead and supports the specification, installation, utilization, qualification, and improvement of equipment used for assigned manufacturing area.
- Ensure the technical reliability as well as the safety of production facilities in the assigned manufacturing department. Work to improve equipment reliability as measured by Operational Equipment Effectiveness (OEE).
- Works collaboratively with multiple functional areas such as EHS, Quality, Process Engineering and Manufacturing.
- Providing data analysis to identify technical changes and replacement investments based on de- bottlenecking and long-term, obsolescence strategies.
- Ensure equipment and processes are compliant with the government regulations. Acts as equipment
- SME during internal or external Regulatory inspections.
- Foster a culture of continuous improvement through employee selection, training and mentoring while focusing on operational efficiency and the elimination of “non-value added” activities.
- Provide a positive and equitable working environment emphasizing the CSL Values: Customer Focus, Innovation, Integrity, Collaboration, and Superior Performance.
- Complies with requirements from CSL Behring’s Safety Program, including Health and Safety mandates and OSHA requirements.
- Completes any other duties/responsibilities assigned by senior management.
Requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical, Chemical or Manufacturing Engineering or equivalent degree may be considered dependent upon experience.
4+ years of relevant experience and a BS
2+ years of relevant experience and a MS.
Prior experience in pharmaceutical industry is preferred.
Proficient knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs)
Audit and Investigation Skills, Report Writing Skills.
Strong verbal, technical writing and interpersonal skills are required.
Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
Must possess a strong knowledge of the FDA and cGMP standards as well as regulatory guidance documents.
CSL makes all employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender, pregnancy, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, military status, protected veteran status (specifically status as a disabled veteran, recently separated veteran, armed forces service medal veteran, or active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran) or other classification protected by applicable US federal, state or local law. CSL complies with all applicable employment laws, including but not limited to Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Fair Labor Standards Act, and the Immigration Reform and Control Act.
We encourage you to make your well-being a priority. It’s important and so are you. Learn more about how we care at CSL.
About CSL Behring
CSL Behring is a global leader in developing and delivering high-quality medicines that treat people with rare and serious diseases. Our treatments offer promise for people in more than 100 countries living with conditions in the immunology, hematology, cardiovascular and metabolic, respiratory, and transplant therapeutic areas. Learn more about CSL Behring.
We want CSL to reflect the world around us
As a global organisation with employees in 35+ countries, CSL embraces diversity, equity and inclusion. Learn more about Diversity, Equity & Inclusion at CSL.
Do work that matters at CSL Behring!