At Lilly, we unite caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world. We are a global healthcare leader headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. Our 35,000 employees around the world work to discover and bring life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding and management of disease, and give back to our communities through philanthropy and volunteerism. We give our best effort to our work, and we put people first. We’re looking for people who are determined to make life better for people around the world.
Quick Benefit Overview:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription benefits are effective on your first day of employment
- Paid vacation- starting annually at 120 hours (prorated based on start date)
- $3,000 sign-on bonus
For 140 years, Lilly has manufactured medicines that improve people’s lives around the world. We produce our medicines using some of the most sophisticated manufacturing technologies and rigorous quality standards. Lilly Manufacturing strives for excellence in its process, standards, procedures and behaviors to develop medicines with safety first and quality always.
The logistic coordinator is responsible for the fulfillment and shipment of orders for domestic and international customers in accordance with local metrics and procedures; and is responsible for performing SAP functions such as purchase order creation and invoice reviews. The individual in this role must understand and comply with all applicable Government and Regulatory requirements. This role is the primary contact point for multiple groups and must ensure routine communications with customers. Routine responsibilities include, but are not limited to, preparing documentation for shipments, receipt and tracking of inventory and coordination of solvent storage and equipment used at the Branchburg campus.
- Responsible for documentation and coordination of both short and long term scheduling of International and Domestic shipments. This includes but is not limited to: API, Cell banks, and requests from other functional groups.
- Routinely order dry ice and the packaging components necessary, including but not limited to, Envirotainers for all shipments.
- Ensure the shipments are in compliance with requirements concerning item/country, prices, documentation, declaration, and country requirements.
- Be able to create and review shipments using the logistics data analysis software and develop a knowledge of cold chain management.
- Develop and Maintain a working relationship with the global Lilly network.
- Understand and maintain compliance to FDA, EMEA, DOT, TSA, IATA, EMDG, DEA, OSHA, and EPA regulations.
- Participate in audit preparedness.
- Maintain a working knowledge of SAP and other relevant software programs used within the logistic environment.
- Look for continuous improvements in the International and Domestic shipping process.
- Assist in deviations and investigations that involve shipping issues.
- Assist with the review, revision and/or writing of SOP’s.
- Assist in monthly/quarterly reporting as required or directed, which would include the cycle counts.
- Maintain and Archive Department files/data as required in relevant SOPs, which includes but is not limited to shipment documents, Cell Bank shipments, and API shipments.
- Monitor Logistics area usage to maintain compliance with storage requirements, fire code insurance, and any other Lilly requirement.
- Create PO’s for routinely used items (i.e. gases, dry ice, and service contracts) and order supplies for the department as needed.
- Strict adherence to all company safety policies, including the use of PPE where required.
- Routinely inspect area for health and safety issues and help to implement countermeasures from safety incident investigations.
- Contributes and adheres to all safety, environmental, cGMP, quality, EEO/AA standards of the corporation. Perform all duties with a high level of honesty and integrity.
- Minimum High school Diploma, Associates or Bachelors Degree preferred.
- Requires 1-3 years of experience in a warehouse setting.
- Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the United States. Lilly does not anticipate providing sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B or TN status) for this employment position.
- Knowledge of scheduling International and Domestic shipments.
- Previous shipping coordination experience or managed shipping.
- Previous logistic experience in a GMP environment.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills.
- Proficiency with computer systems including SAP, Microsoft Office Products, Trackwise, and ability to perform individually.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks or projects simultaneously with ownership responsibility.
- Demonstrated Data Analysis skills
- Detail oriented and demonstrate the ability to achieve a high level of accuracy.
- Ability to work in a team environment as well as independently.
- Ability to multitask, prioritize responsibilities, own tasks, and drive them to completion.
- Travel 0%
- Shift is Monday - Friday, 8:30am - 5:00pm.
- Position is located in Branchburg, NJ.
Eli Lilly and Company, Lilly USA, LLC and our wholly owned subsidiaries (collectively “Lilly”) are committed to help individuals with disabilities to participate in the workforce and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you require an accommodation to submit a resume for positions at Lilly, please email Lilly Human Resources ( Lilly_Recruiting_Compliance@lists.lilly.com ) for further assistance. Please note This email address is intended for use only to request an accommodation as part of the application process. Any other correspondence will not receive a response.
Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Our employee resource groups (ERGs) offer strong support networks for their members and help our company develop talented individuals for future leadership roles. Our current groups include: Africa, Middle East, Central Asia Network, African American Network, Chinese Culture Network, Early Career Professionals, Japanese International Leadership Network (JILN), Lilly India Network, Organization of Latinos at Lilly, PRIDE (LGBTQ + Allies), Veterans Leadership Network, Women’s Network, Working and Living with Disabilities. Learn more about all of our groups.