Senior Director, US Medical Care Gap Lead, Medical Affairs - HIV
United States - California - Foster CityUnited States - New Jersey - Morris Plains
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gilead’s therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the company’s five core values. That’s because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossibleFor Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site
to apply for this job.
At Gilead we believe every employee deserves a great leader. As a people leader now or in the future, we expect that you will model and create an environment of inclusion, be intentionally focused on the hiring, development, growth and retention of talent, and empower teams to align and achieve goals.
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a biopharmaceutical company that has pursued and achieved breakthroughs in medicine for more than three decades, with the goal of creating a healthier world for all people. The company is committed to advancing innovative medicines to prevent and treat life-threatening diseases, including HIV, viral hepatitis, and cancer. Gilead operates in more than 35 countries worldwide, with headquarters in Foster City, California.
We are looking for a highly motivated strategic and analytic thinker for an exciting new role within Medical Affairs. The Senior Director will be responsible for the continued implementation and expansion of a new organization capability utilizing advanced care gap data analytics. The successful candidate will play a critical and exciting role in helping the US Medical Affairs organization understand how Gilead Medical can support the care needs of patients within the USA. Working cross-functionally, the candidate will align USMA's strategic and tactical solutions to improve the care of people living with HIV.
The Senior Director will report to the US HIV Treatment Strategy Lead. They will be responsible for shaping and understanding patient care gap analytics and translating analytics into meaningful strategy and medical activities that can be measured for impact over time.
This is a first in company type role designed as an output of a phased implementation. The successful candidate must be a self-starter with a proven track record of success in prior roles; they will be expected to champion and support further expansion of this program over time.Essential DutiesLead unmet need projects:
Working with a data scientist team, leverage real-world data to understand national, regional, or local care gaps relevant to patients and update on a 6-12-month cycle.Support operational excellence:
Collaborate with the Medical operations team to ensure field excellence, technology implementation, and Learning and Development to ensure KPI measurement and strategic response.Support strategy and tactical plan development
Work cross-functionally to embed data analytics into strategic landscape analysis activities, identifying opportunities to improve care.Lead on the expansion of role within the TA
Expansion and cross-functional alignment of care gap projects as they broaden across therapeutic area portfolios.Support establishment of role in other TA
Future facing, potential development of a team to support multiple TAs.Job Functions:
- Monitor and understand the rapidly changing HIV landscape
- Supports the HIV Strategy lead in developing and executing the US Plan of Action and ensures alignment of team activities and cross-functional projects
- Work with Data analytics team to understand healthcare gaps
- Provide recommendations for resource allocation to adjust accordingly and ensure MS teams have necessary tools to execute the local POA and identified care gaps as envisioned
- Support the implementation of MA/MS strategies and tactics for HCP engagement that will lead to impactful care gap narrowing
- Gather and relay feedback from the field to the Strategy Lead to incorporate into future strategic plans
- Capture insights systematically translate these insights into actionable activities and support partner advisory programs, as needed
- Work with the Global MA teams to identify training, assets development, and strategic direction
- Partner cross functionally with Legal, Commercial, Clinical, Regulatory, Public and Government Affairs, to lead cross-functional projects as needed
- Attend medical conferences to assess/gather relevant information and support activities related to care gap identification
- Independently manage projects related to the analysis of novel, emerging data and determine relevant information to incorporate into care gap program
- Strong working knowledge of US regulatory environment to ensure compliance with all relevant laws, regulations, and policies
- Excellent verbal, written, visual communication, and interpersonal skills are required, experience in vendor contracting and preparing budgets, misc. Excel spreadsheets, and delivering PowerPoint presentations
- Proven ability to successfully execute projects
- Proven ability to strategize and create impactful medical plans within a therapeutic area
- Proven strong analytical and organizational skills including an advanced digital acumen
- Ability to utilize complex scientific resources across a variety of different settings
- Experience working with Real world evidence/ EHR data preferred
- Proactive, action-oriented, solution-minded with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to work collaboratively and experience working on cross-functional teams
- Ability to travel as required which may include occasional weekend travel, is required
- Ability to flex and adapt as necessary in response to ongoing growth and change within the organization
- Ph.D., MD, DO, NP, PA, PharmD, or other advanced health care degree with 12+ years of experience in industry with field experience
- Relevant clinical or industry experience in HIV is preferred but not required
- Experienced with care gaps and patient-centric care desired
- Committed to continuing education to maintain a knowledge base
The salary range for this position is: $266,815.00 - $345,290.00. Gilead considers a variety of factors when determining base compensation, including experience, qualifications, and geographic location. These considerations mean actual compensation will vary. This position may also be eligible for a discretionary annual bonus, discretionary stock-based long-term incentives (eligibility may vary based on role), paid time off, and a benefits package. Benefits include company-sponsored medical, dental, vision, and life insurance plans*.
For additional benefits information, visit: https://www.gilead.com/careers/compensation-benefits-and-wellbeing
* Eligible employees may participate in benefit plans, subject to the terms and conditions of the applicable plans.
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com
for assistance.Following extensive monitoring, research, consideration of business implications and advice from internal and external experts, Gilead has made the decision to require all U.S., Canada, Australia, Singapore, and Hong Kong employees and contractors to receive the COVID-19 vaccines as a condition of employment. “Full vaccination” is defined as two weeks after both doses of a two-dose vaccine or two weeks since a single-dose vaccine has been administered. Anyone unable to be vaccinated, either because of a sincerely held religious belief or a medical condition or disability that prevents them from being vaccinated, can request a reasonable accommodation.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the 'Know Your Rights'
poster.NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACTYOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACTPAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site
to apply for this job.