The Senior Manager, RDAA Business Excellence Strategy and Operations works with cross-functional and divisional stakeholders to execute centralized operational functions for Portfolio Strategy and Operations organization to support RDAA. Responsible for delivering business excellence in key areas (e.g., executing third party processes or serving as point of contact for support) across functions in support of broader RDAA Business excellence scope of work. Brings a continuous improvement mindset, proactively identifying inefficiencies/pain points within current business processes and working with the broader team to propose fit for purpose solutions. Expectation for increase and/or shift in responsibilities as business operations needs emerge.
- Executes third party processes working with RDAA stakeholders and AbbVie partners such as the Central Consulting group and Purchasing functions
- Serves as point of contact for business operations challenges in RDAA, working with broader Business Excellence team to triage and provide appropriate support model (e.g., direct intervention vs handoff to supporting stakeholders)
- Provides visible metrics, tracking and early escalation for all key initiatives under support to ensure rapid resolution, cross-business learnings and continuous improvement
- Supports business operations initiatives to streamline processes cross functionally both within function and across RDAA
- Anticipates emerging issues and proactively develops solutions working with RDAA Business Excellence team
- Establishes partnerships with key counterparts in RDAA functional teams and supporting functions (e.g., Finance, HR, Asset teams, Purchasing, Global trade compliance)
- Consolidates detailed activities required for Aesthetics functional forecasts across all assets/projects. Tracking of actuals and any changes in forecast (e.g., contract amendments)
- Generates functional monthly forecast/budget reports for the asset/projects and review with functional management to ensure on-track spend and to address any discrepancies
- Supports RDAA functional headcount forecasting working in collaboration with HR & Finance
- Collaborates with other business excellence groups to share best practices and learnings
- Role will have frequent interactions with RDAA functional teams and supporting functions
- Bachelor’s degree required. Advanced degree/certifications a plus.
Minimum of 8 years total experience required, 6+ years Business related. 4+ years in pharmaceutical, healthcare or regulated industry and strong knowledge in pharmaceutical regulations i.e. FDA and European Union preferred. 3+ years experience in a business operations role; and/or experience in finance/accounting/procurement strongly preferred. Strong knowledge of pharmaceutical regulations, i.e. FDA and European Union and their impact to organization processes and technology tools preferred.
- Prior experience with purchasing or financial processes required (including SAP, purchasing, vendor contracts, purchase order set up and invoice resolution).
- Experience working in a complex and matrix environment required. Demonstrated ability to own proactive problem solving/stakeholder management to drive the business forward
- Proficiency in project planning experience including successful support of business and/or technology initiatives preferred
- Experience in developing, tracking, and maintaining functional budget and headcount forecasts preferred.
- Expertise in Contract and Procurement processes preferred.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written required.
- Keen awareness to cultural nuances; proven ability to work in a global environment.
Note: Higher education may compensate for years of experience
Applicable only to applicants applying to a position in any location with pay disclosure requirements under state or local law:
- The compensation range described below is the range of possible base pay compensation that the Company believes in good faith it will pay for this role at the time of this posting based on the job grade for this position. Individual compensation paid within this range will depend on many factors including geographic location, and we may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range. This range may be modified in the future.
- We offer a comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off. (vacation, holidays, sick), medical/dental/vision insurance and 401(k) to eligible employees
- This job is eligible to participate in our short-term incentive programs.
- This job is eligible to participate in our long-term incentive programs.
Note: No amount of pay is considered to be wages or compensation until such amount is earned, vested, and determinable. The amount and availability of any bonus, commission, incentive, benefits, or any other form of compensation and benefits that are allocable to a particular employee remains in the Company's sole and absolute discretion unless and until paid and may be modified at the Company’s sole and absolute discretion, consistent with applicable law.
AbbVie is an equal opportunity employer including disability/vets. It is AbbVie’s policy to employ qualified persons of the greatest ability without discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, status as a disabled veteran, recently separated veteran, Armed Forces service medal veteran or active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran or a person’s relationship or association with a protected veteran, including spouses and other family members, or any other protected group status. We will take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified minorities, women, individuals with a disability, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans or active-duty wartime or campaign badge veterans. The Affirmative Action Plan is available for viewing in the Human Resources office during regular business hours.