Who We Are
RefleXion transforms radiopharmaceuticals from diagnosing cancer to actively controlling delivery of external-beam radiotherapy by leveraging individual tumor biology. Designated an FDA Breakthrough Device, RefleXion’ s SCINTIX™ biology-guided radiotherapy automates targeting and motion management to overcome long-standing barriers preventing definitive radiotherapy for metastatic disease. In strategic collaborations with radiopharmaceutical companies, RefleXion is co-developing and co-commercializing disease-specific radiotracers for difficult to treat late-stage cancers.
Find out more about RefleXion and SCINTIX therapy at reflexion.com.
About This Role
The Vice President of Service & Support drives the strategy, vision and execution of the customer service and support organization. He/she leads the customer service and support functions and is responsible for ensuring that customers are highly satisfied in the implementation and utilization of RefleXion's industry changing product. The VP of Service & Support plans and directs all aspects of Site Implementation, Customer Training, Field Service, Technical Support and Customer Success functions to achieve overall company objectives. This position builds and leads a high-quality customer support organization and instills a strong service culture that elevates RefleXion’s overall brand and demonstrates industry best practices.
What You Will Be Doing
- Oversees the design, development and implementation of customer support processes, metrics and best practices to ensure consistent and effective results.
- Ensures that Site Implementation is coordinated with the customer in the most expeditious manner possible to achieve a rapid order-to-implementation conversion cycle.
- Develops a world class Customer Training team, processes and formal/informal education and training offerings that result in well trained and therefore highly confident customers.
- Ensures that Field Service and Technical Support delve deeply into all sources of machine downtime to identify actions that prevent recurrences and utilize remote support tools to proactively prevent downtime occurrences.
- Ensures that Customer Success supports the customer experience with the RefleXion product, processes and people to enable successful usage of the product, and that all customer support functions contribute to voice of the customer processes that influence product and process improvements.
- Collaborates with cross-functional teams including Sales, Marketing, Product Engineering, R&D and Operations to ensure a seamless customer experience.
- Establishes relationships with key customer representatives and owns all customer escalations.
- Provides executive-level reporting and insight on customer health, risk and growth opportunities that inform and determine business decisions.
- Measures, monitors, and acts on the key drivers of service costs to achieve business profitability objectives.
- Other duties as assigned.
Where You Will Do This Job
- Hybrid - This position will allow the successful candidate to work on a Hybrid work location schedule. They must be based in the greater SF Bay Area and must be able to commute to the RefleXion office in Hayward 1-4 days a week, depending on the role.
What We Need
- Bachelor's degree in an engineering discipline. Postgraduate degree preferred (MBA, science, engineering, or computer science).
- 10 years of Customer Service and Support management experience with some cross-functional experience in Operations, Engineering, Sales or Marketing.
- Medical capital equipment experience required; Industry experience in Radiation Therapy or Diagnostic Radiology strongly preferred.
- 10 years of experience in regulated medical device environment (FDA 21 CFR Part 820, ISO 13485). Solid understanding of design control and commercialization requirements and processes.
- Technical aptitude across engineering, physics, software, and IT networking as required to manage customer support functions at a deep level.
- Knowledgeable in the relevant clinical applications of radiotherapy including physics and dosimetry.
- Ability to employ business acumen to manage scope, delivery and costs to achieve highly satisfied customers and business profitability objectives.
- Superior relationship-building and influencing skills with internal and external company stakeholders at all levels.
- Data-driven, strategic thinker with experience analyzing and synthesizing information and then leveraging that insight to drive executive level decision making.
- Prior start-up experience helpful: enthusiasm and ability to excel independently in a fast-paced, evolving, and ambiguous environment with a "get it done" attitude.
- Execution driven, operates with a sense of urgency. Able to work through obstacles and escalate for rapid decision making.
- Ability to travel domestically 15%.
What You Will Love About Working with Us!
- The opportunity to work with a passionate, driven team in a pre-IPO start-up environment.
- Flexible work location and schedule – hybrid work environment for many positions
- Competitive compensation and Pre–IPO stock option packages
- Medical (both HMO and PPO options), Dental and Vision
- Health Savings Account (HSA), Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account (DCFSA)
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 3 Weeks/Year PTO Accrual rate to start and 12 Paid Company Holidays
- Employer paid Life Insurance, short-term and long-term disability
- RefleXion Benefit Hub –Company exclusive discounts and deals on a variety of sites and items
- Weekly catered on-site lunches as well as kitchens filled with a variety of healthy and delicious food and drinks – including an espresso machine and panini stations!
- Employee Events – Variety of Workshops, Lunch ‘n Learns, Financial Wellness education, Regular “Coffee Chats” with Executive Leadership, Scavenger Hunts, Company Milestone celebrations and more!
- Electric car charging stations on site
The pay range for this role is $190,000-$275,000. Actual compensation packages are based on several factors that are unique to each candidate, including but not limited to skill set, depth of experience, certifications, and specific work location. This may be different in other locations due to differences in the cost of labor. The total compensation package for this position may also include bonus, stock, benefits and/or other applicable variable compensation.
Values and Diversity
RefleXion is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability/medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.