This position designs and delivers SAP planning and analytic solutions that enable and enhance AbbVie’s financial planning and reporting capabilities. This role delivers the planning and analytical business requirements while ensuring high quality solutions that meet current and anticipated business needs. Responsibilities include partnering with solution architects, business associates and solution life cycle management, working with technical teams both internal and external, effective issue management and effective communication with key stakeholders.
This role will work on the implementation of planning and analytics solutions focused on integrating data from multiple data sources (SAP and Non-SAP) in SAP HANA/BW/BPC to support planning requirements as well as building/supporting planning models in SAP BPC platform with industry best practices to enable informed decision-making capabilities.
The candidate should have a strong business acumen and understanding of SAP business processes and proven track record in developing complex SAP HANA BW/BI enterprise solutions for global organizations.
This role will also be involved in showcasing self-service analytical toolset and evangelize the capability of SAP analytics solution. Proven capability in designing and enabling high performance data visualization and analytical toolsets is preferred.
- Work closely with solution architect, business and functional team to understand and define system requirements, recommend SAP BW HANA and BPC technical solutions to meet business needs.
- Design, develop and implement of BW, native HANA and BPC planning solutions.
- Develop technical specifications/detailed design for BW and BPC data modeling.
- Develop Queries and Analytical solutions in Analytics Cloud or Analysis for Office.
- Participate in solution architecture design in projects to ensure designed architecture meets industry standards and quality gates.
- Responsible for performance tuning of BW and BPC systems utilizing best practices to support effective analytics performance.
- Work with security team on BW/HANA/BPC security setup and enforce data governance standards and processes.
- Responsible for root cause analysis and providing solutions for BPC production and development issues.
- Mentor resources and share expertise/best practices on BW/HANA/BPC development
- Introduce Best Practice and process improvement ideas wherever appropriate.
- 7+ years hands-on experience in SAP BW, HANA and BPC (EPM).
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university in Computer Science, Engineering, Business or equivalent.
- Well versed with Data Warehousing concepts with a minimum 2 BPC or similar SAP planning solution implementations.
- Demonstrated understanding of core Finance concepts and planning processes.
- Functional experience in building end to end financial planning solution is a plus.
- Understanding of BW and BPC data level security concepts.
- Excellent skills in SQL script to answer immediate business requirements.
- Experience with frontend visualization tools and dashboards using Business Objects WEBI, SAP Analytics Cloud, Qlik or Power BI preferred.
- General understanding and technical expertise of SAP SLT/SDI, enterprise-class ETL and middleware tools.
- Experience in Data Governance - data masking, data mapping, cleansing.
- Experience in Agile BI development is a plus.
- Strong communication and stakeholder communication skills.
AbbVie is an equal opportunity employer including disability/vets. It is AbbVie’s policy to employ qualified persons of the greatest ability without discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, status as a disabled veteran, recently separated veteran, Armed Forces service medal veteran or active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran or a person’s relationship or association with a protected veteran, including spouses and other family members, or any other protected group status. We will take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified minorities, women, individuals with a disability, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans or active-duty wartime or campaign badge veterans. The Affirmative Action Plan is available for viewing in the Human Resources office during regular business hours.