Director, US Medical Affairs, Oncology (Lung/GU Cancers)
United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gilead’s therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the company’s five core values. That’s because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossibleFor Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site
to apply for this job.
At Gilead we believe every employee deserves a great leader. As a people leader now or in the future, we expect that you will model and create an environment of inclusion, be intentionally focused on the hiring, development, growth and retention of talent, and empower teams to align and achieve goals.
Job DescriptionDirector, US Medical Affairs, Oncology (Lung/GU Cancers)
Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops, and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide. Headquartered in Foster City, California, Gilead has operations in North America, Europe, Asia, and Australia. For more information, please visit Gilead.com.
We have an exciting opportunity within our US Medical Affairs team for a Director, Medical Affairs within Oncology. This role will be office-based in our headquarters in Foster City, CA.
Reporting to the senior leadership of Medical Affairs, this role requires a person who is the subject matter expert responsible for providing medical support to the development of the US Oncology Medical Affairs strategic and tactical plans in collaboration with the broader medical team. This role will support the US launch planning and execution for novel pipeline oncology products.Job Responsibilities:
As an integral part of the US Oncology Medical Affairs Team, and in close collaboration with the Global Medical Affairs and cross-functional partners, this person will establish and maintain the tenor of Gilead's scientific communications with the HCP, Research and Patient Communities in the US, and will provide frequent internal and external input into the development of both the US and Global Oncology Medical Affairs Strategic Plans.
This person will advise on the development of Medical Education, Phase IV, and publication /communication strategies based on US regional insights, strategy, and objectives. Will also co-lead the development of data generation and life cycle management initiatives and support the learning and development of internal stakeholders.
Specific responsibilities for this role will include but are not limited to:
- Lead the development of the US Strategic Plan and US Plan of Action for medical affairs in oncologic diseases
- Lead the execution of the US Plan of Action, including patient engagement planning, advisory board planning, data generation efforts, and the execution of projects that will provide more extensive background or answers to questions in response to issues that arise relative to commercial, educational or data needs
- Preparing and giving presentations for internal training and to external audiences
- Serving as a medical and content expert for internal stakeholders
- Representing Gilead at key medical conferences and congresses
- Providing US Medical Affairs support for key cross-functional launch and post-launch activities
- Participating in the review and approval of investigator-initiated studies
- Providing medical input for Promotional Review Committees
Display of Gilead Core Values:
- Advanced degree (i.e., Ph.D., MD, Pharm D) and 8 years of relevant experience
- Significant clinical, research, or medical background in oncology (solid tumor or hematologic malignancies) - Lung or GU cancers knowledge/experience preferred
- Industry experience, including recent experience of a successful launch within Oncology or Hematology
- An ability to think medically and strategically about the short- and long-term impacts within the US oncology healthcare landscape
- An ability to lead collaboratively across various internal stakeholders, inspire others, and develop trusted partnerships, with a preference for prior supervisory/leadership experience
- A strong ability to interpret and articulate clinical data and the oncology clinical development programs
- Demonstrated organizational skills to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong written and verbal communication skills (including presentation skills) along with excellent judgment and ability to work in a matrix team environment
- Ability to travel to domestic and international conferences, which will include occasional weekend travel
- Integrity (Doing What's Right)
- Teamwork (Working Together)
- Excellence (Being Your Best)
- Accountability (Taking Personal Responsibility)
- Inclusion (Encouraging Diversity)
The salary range for this position is: $230,860.00 - $298,760.00. Gilead considers a variety of factors when determining base compensation, including experience, qualifications, and geographic location. These considerations mean actual compensation will vary. This position may also be eligible for a discretionary annual bonus, discretionary stock-based long-term incentives (eligibility may vary based on role), paid time off, and a benefits package. Benefits include company-sponsored medical, dental, vision, and life insurance plans*.
For additional benefits information, visit: https://www.gilead.com/careers/compensation-benefits-and-wellbeing
* Eligible employees may participate in benefit plans, subject to the terms and conditions of the applicable plans.
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the 'Know Your Rights'
poster.NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACTYOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACTPAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site
to apply for this job.