Director HEOR - Oncology
United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gilead’s therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the company’s five core values. That’s because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossibleFor Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site
to apply for this job.
At Gilead we believe every employee deserves a great leader. As a people leader now or in the future, we expect that you will model and create an environment of inclusion, be intentionally focused on the hiring, development, growth and retention of talent, and empower teams to align and achieve goals.
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a biopharmaceutical company that has pursued and achieved breakthroughs in medicine for more than three decades, with the goal of creating a healthier world for all people. The company is committed to advancing innovative medicines to prevent and treat life-threatening diseases, including HIV, viral hepatitis, and cancer. Gilead operates in more than 35 countries worldwide, with headquarters in Foster City, California.
For over 30 years, Gilead has been a leading innovator in treating and preventing HIV, but this expertise is just a foundation for our ambitions. As we continue to expand our scope into new disease states and new markets, we are investing in our global commercial capabilities. In this role, you will implement and manage HEOR strategies and tactics for oncology assets in lung cancer, ensuring our products are differentiated and bring value to our patients around the world.Key Responsibilities
Reporting to the Senior Director, Global Value and Access Oncology HEOR (Lung, Hematology & GI), the Director role will:
- Lead the development and implementation of global HEOR strategies and programs to support the launch of a Gilead Oncology product in lung cancer
- Provide HEOR expertise and leadership to inform, support and strengthen commercialization activities including clinical development, marketing and market access
- Partner closely with cross-functional business partners to develop and support product value proposition to optimize access, reimbursement and uptake
- Identify global HEOR evidence requirements and gaps; design, conduct and deliver studies, models and tools to support value demonstration and product differentiation for assigned indication
- Contribute to HEOR input into clinical development programs
- Partner with HEOR COE to support development of PRO strategies
- Maintain up-to-date awareness of industry regulatory issues and research relationships with HEOR KOLs
- Disseminate HEOR data and study results
- Bachelor's Degree and Twelve Years' Experience
- Masters' Degree and Ten Years' Experience
- PhD and Eight Years' Experience
- We're seeking an analytical independent contributor with:
- At least 8 years of experience in the pharmaceutical industry and/or managed care, including direct experience in HEOR
- Understanding of HEOR assessments and technical expertise in design and execution of HEOR studies and models
- Experience in developing global value dossiers
- Understanding of US/global healthcare systems and reimbursement processes/decision making
- Good oral and written communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Experience in oncology is a plus
- Advanced degree in HEOR
The salary range for this position is: $214,795.00 - $277,970.00. Gilead considers a variety of factors when determining base compensation, including experience, qualifications, and geographic location. These considerations mean actual compensation will vary. This position may also be eligible for a discretionary annual bonus, discretionary stock-based long-term incentives (eligibility may vary based on role), paid time off, and a benefits package. Benefits include company-sponsored medical, dental, vision, and life insurance plans*.
For additional benefits information, visit: https://www.gilead.com/careers/compensation-benefits-and-wellbeing
* Eligible employees may participate in benefit plans, subject to the terms and conditions of the applicable plans.
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the 'Know Your Rights'
poster.NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACTYOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACTPAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site
to apply for this job.