We’re seeking a Senior Manager, HR Business Partner to join us in our mission to improve human health and quality of life through the development, distribution, and application of advanced computational methods.
We’re seeking someone with a proven track record of supporting and encouraging a positive, inclusive, and passionately mission-centric work culture. As a member of our Human Resources team, you’ll be responsible for advising the business on talent and organizational decisions, as well as working across departments to develop and implement key HR initiatives.
Who will love this job:
- A collaborator who enjoys building strong, effective, and trusted relationships and networks
- An avid traveler who is available to visit our various global offices several times a year
- A confident public speaker who is keen to prepare and deliver presentations to large groups on a regular basis and is comfortable hosting candid discussions
- A commercial adept with a demonstrated interest in science, business development, and operations
- An analytical professional who can leverage data to inform key business decisions
What you’ll do:
- Provide strategic HR business partnership to G&A and Materials Science departments globally
- Execute companywide talent practices in a fast paced, global environment, with commitment to innovation and continuous improvement
- Advise and guide managers on talent and performance management, including: employee engagement, talent reviews, development planning, performance feedback, and improvement
- Partner with senior leadership and hiring managers on team structure and hiring strategy, including leveling
- Develop effective partnerships with the broader HRBP team globally, as well as Recruiting, Legal, Finance, IT, and other key internal relationships.
- Partner with employment counsel and the business on the identification, escalation, risk mitigation and resolution of employee relations issues
- Take a leadership role in the application of the company’s compensation philosophy and delivery of the annual compensation cycle
What you should have:
- At least six years of HR business partner experience
- Demonstrated expertise in consulting with and constructively challenging senior business leaders to shape organizational strategy, goals, and alignment
- Experience working cross-functionally in matrixed environments and across multiple geographies
- Robust written and verbal communication skills, including a demonstrated ability to influence and articulate a variety of issues to different audiences, tailoring messages accordingly
Pay and perks:
Schrödinger understands it’s people that make a company great. Because of this, we’re prepared to offer a competitive salary, stock options, and a wide range of benefits that include healthcare (with dental and vision), a 401k, pre-tax commuter benefits, a flexible work schedule, and a parental leave program. We have catered meals in the office every day, a company culture that is relaxed but engaged, and over a month of paid vacation time. Our Administrative and Human Resources departments also plan a myriad of fun company-wide events. New York is home to our largest office, but we have teams all over the world. Schrödinger is honored to have been selected as one of Crain's New York Best Places to Work for the past three years running.
Estimated base salary range (NYC only): $160,000 - $190,000. Actual compensation package is dependent on a number of factors, including, for example, experience, education, degrees held, market data, and business needs. If you have any questions regarding the compensation for this role, do not hesitate to reach out to a member of our Strategic Growth team.
Sound exciting? Apply today and join us!
As an equal opportunity employer, Schrödinger hires outstanding individuals into every position in the company. People who work with us have a high degree of engagement, a commitment to working effectively in teams, and a passion for the company's mission. We place the highest value on creating a safe environment where our employees can grow and contribute, and refuse to discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious belief, sex, age, disability, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, marital status, partnership status, caregiver status, sexual and reproductive health decisions, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected characteristic. To us, "diversity" isn't just a buzzword, but an important element of our core principles and key business practices. We believe that diverse companies innovate better and think more creatively than homogenous ones because they take into account a wide range of viewpoints. For us, greater diversity doesn't mean better headlines or public images - it means increased adaptability and profitability.