GRAIL is a healthcare company whose mission is to detect cancer early, when it can be cured. GRAIL is focused on alleviating the global burden of cancer by developing pioneering technology to detect and identify multiple deadly cancer types early. The company is using the power of next-generation sequencing, population-scale clinical studies, and state-of-the-art computer science and data science to enhance the scientific understanding of cancer biology, and to develop its multi-cancer early detection blood test. GRAIL is headquartered in Menlo Park, CA with locations in Washington, D.C., North Carolina, and the United Kingdom. GRAIL, LLC is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Illumina, Inc. (NASDAQ:ILMN). For more information, please visit www.grail.com
GRAIL is seeking a Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) Manager who will play a key role in the GRAIL Finance organization supporting the Commercial organization, located in Menlo Park, CA.
The FP&A Manager is responsible for financial, analytical and budget support, and for providing financial and operational thought leadership and fiscal accountability. We are looking for a finance professional who is a strong business partner and with experience in a fast-paced high-growth environment.You will:
Your background should include:
- Financial planning and tracking of Commercial operating expenses, headcount reporting, commission payouts.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure timely and accurate monthly accrual management, commission calculations, and operating expense tracking.
- Identify process improvements and implement changes to enhance efficiency and effectiveness of accrual management, commission calculations, and operating expense budget management.
- Prepare and lead executive presentations for budget, forecast and business analysis.
- Effectively communicate financial results and recommendations to management and Commercial Leadership Team.
- Produce models to project long term growth and provide insights to management and executive team around financial modeling, forecasts and profitability.
- Provide ad hoc support and analysis as needed to support the Commercial function and broader finance team.
- 8+ years’ experience in Finance or Business Analysis.
- Commercial Finance experience is a plus.
- Experience in Diagnostic or Life Science industries preferred.
- Excellent communication skills with ability to build relationships and influence decision making.
- Strong interpersonal skills with experience collaborating and working on a team.
- Detail oriented with strong business and analytical skills.
- Strong written, verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to prioritize and thrive in fast-paced and growth-oriented environment.
The expected, full-time, hourly base pay scale for this position is $123,000 - $163,000. Actual base pay will consider skills, experience, and location.
Based on the role, colleagues may be eligible to participate in an annual bonus plan tied to company and individual performance, or an incentive plan. We also offer a long-term incentive plan to align company and colleague success over time.
In addition, GRAIL offers a progressive benefit package, including flexible time-off, a 401k with a company match, and alongside our medical, dental, vision plans, carefully selected mindfulness offerings.
GRAIL is an Equal Employment Office and Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status. We will reasonably accommodate all individuals with disabilities so that they can participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us
to request accommodation. GRAIL maintains a drug-free workplace.
Following extensive monitoring, consideration of business implications, and advice from internal and external experts, GRAIL US has made the decision to require that all U.S. employees be “Fully Vaccinated” with the COVID-19 vaccine. “Fully Vaccinated” is defined as two weeks after both doses of a two-dose vaccine (e.g. Pfizer or Moderna) or two weeks since a single-dose vaccine (e.g. Johnson & Johnson) has been administered. Absent a qualifying exemption, all GRAIL US employees are to comply with this requirement, including providing documentation of such vaccination status, as a condition of employment. Anyone unable to be vaccinated, either because of a sincerely held religious belief or a medical condition or disability that prevents them from being vaccinated, can request a reasonable accommodation for consideration by GRAIL.