At Lilly, we unite caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world. We are a global healthcare leader headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. Our 35,000 employees around the world work to discover and bring life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding and management of disease, and give back to our communities through philanthropy and volunteerism. We give our best effort to our work, and we put people first. We’re looking for people who are determined to make life better for people around the world.
At Lilly, we unite caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world. We work to discover and bring life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding and management of disease, and give back to our communities through philanthropy and volunteerism.We are looking for an individual with significant expertise in Neuroscience or Neurology, especially Alzheimer’s Disease or Pain/Headache who is passionate about science and healthcare to join our highly credible, established Medical Science Liaison (MSL) team.Responsibilities:Maintain and effectively communicate deep scientific knowledge.
Successful MSLs engage in continuous learning to maintain the highest level of technical expertise within the therapeutic area they represent. This enables the MSLs to address deep scientific questions and establish themselves as a reliable, trusted resource of unbiased, accurate, and up-to-date medical and scientific knowledge requested by their customers. Excel at customer engagement and support medical/scientific information needs.
MSLs spend the majority of their time field-based and customer-facing, engaging in mutually beneficial dialogue with scientific/clinical experts. MSLs serve as one of the primary interfaces between Lilly medical and customers to deliver best-in-class experiences. Core to the role is the ability to address customer questions by providing deep and advanced disease state and product information. Additionally, MSLs connect experts with other Lilly resources or internal business partners as appropriate and identify possible collaborative opportunities for research or external collaboration.Demonstrate strategic vision and leadership.
MSLs synthesize complex data and effectively communicate meaningful clinical insights and unanswered customer questions to Lilly medical and cross-functional teams. MSLs use a principle-based, problem-solving approach to solve for customer needs or escalate them appropriately. They actively contribute to medical planning and strategy and cultivate internal networks while collaborating effectively across functions.Execute exceptional territory ownership.
MSLs are expected to demonstrate strategic analysis, planning, and prioritization to maximize efficiency. They will implement and evaluate a data-driven strategic territory plan that prioritizes core ML activity and will take personal accountability for results. The MSL will execute the role in a compliant manner, adhering to all internal and external governing requirements, procedures, and laws, demonstrating good judgment at all times. Minimum Requirements:
- An advanced degree in health sciences (PharmD, MD, or PhD in a medically related field) is required with at least 2-3 years of relevant clinical or therapeutic area experience desired.
- A Master’s or Bachelor’s level degree in health sciences (e.g. BSN, RPh, PA, or NP) will be considered with 5 or more years if clinical, research, or industry (medical/scientific role) experience in a relevant therapeutic area.
- Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the United States. Lilly does not anticipate providing sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B or TN status) for this employment position.
- Neurology therapeutic area experience in Alzheimer’s disease or chronic pain/headache is strongly preferred. Preference will be given to applicants with direct patient experience in the above therapeutic areas, including physicians, physician assistants, nurse practitioners, and pharmacists.
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills, including high emotional intelligence and the ability to engage in professional relationship building and networking.
- Significant experience in professional networking with mutually beneficial outcomes.
- Experience in field-based working environment highly valued.
- Proficiency and experience in virtual engagement methods (e.g., Microsoft Teams, web/phone meetings).
- Familiarity with health systems, academic communities, medical research, and medical education process highly valued.
- Intellectual curiosity about the field of science/medicine for which they are responsible.
- Learning agility to comprehend and effectively communicate large amounts of complex scientific content in a clear and concise fashion.
- Self-directed and able to work alone in the field, effectively managing multiple priorities and projects.
- Demonstrated ability to work with demanding or difficult customers.
- Advanced presentation and computer skills with expertise in literature identification.
- Effective strategic and critical thinking to analyze, assess and evaluate information and interpret impact or relevance to future states.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Resiliency in managing complex challenges.
- Position requires ability to travel up to 80% and work up to 4 to 6 weekends a year.
- Applicants must live near a transport hub (airport/train station).
- Ideal metropolitan locations: Baltimore, Dover, Camden
Lilly currently anticipates that the base salary for this position could range from between $138,000-$202,400 and will depend, in part, on the successful candidate’s qualifications for the role, including education and experience. Full-time equivalent employees also will be eligible for a company bonus (depending, in part, on company and individual performance). In addition, Lilly offers a comprehensive benefit program to eligible employees, including eligibility to participate in a company-sponsored 401(k); pension; vacation benefits; eligibility for medical, dental, vision and prescription drug benefits; flexible benefits (e.g., healthcare and/or dependent day care flexible spending accounts); life insurance and death benefits; certain time off and leave of absence benefits; and well-being benefits (e.g., employee assistance program, fitness benefits, and employee clubs and activities).Of course, the compensation described above is subject to change and could be higher or lower than the range described above. Further, Lilly reserves the right to amend, modify, or terminate its compensation and benefit programs in its sole discretion and Lilly’s compensation practices and guidelines will apply regarding the details of any promotion or transfer of Lilly employees.
Eli Lilly and Company, Lilly USA, LLC and our wholly owned subsidiaries (collectively “Lilly”) are committed to help individuals with disabilities to participate in the workforce and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you require an accommodation to submit a resume for positions at Lilly, please email Lilly Human Resources ( Lilly_Recruiting_Compliance@lists.lilly.com ) for further assistance. Please note This email address is intended for use only to request an accommodation as part of the application process. Any other correspondence will not receive a response.
Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Our employee resource groups (ERGs) offer strong support networks for their members and help our company develop talented individuals for future leadership roles. Our current groups include: Africa, Middle East, Central Asia Network, African American Network, Chinese Culture Network, Early Career Professionals, Japanese International Leadership Network (JILN), Lilly India Network, Organization of Latinos at Lilly, PRIDE (LGBTQ + Allies), Veterans Leadership Network, Women’s Network, Working and Living with Disabilities. Learn more about all of our groups.