GRAIL is a healthcare company whose mission is to detect cancer early, when it can be cured. GRAIL is focused on alleviating the global burden of cancer by developing pioneering technology to detect and identify multiple deadly cancer types early. The company is using the power of next-generation sequencing, population-scale clinical studies, and state-of-the-art computer science and data science to enhance the scientific understanding of cancer biology, and to develop its multi-cancer early detection blood test. GRAIL is headquartered in Menlo Park, CA with locations in Washington, D.C., North Carolina, and the United Kingdom. GRAIL, LLC is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Illumina, Inc. (NASDAQ:ILMN). For more information, please visit www.grail.com
***WE STRONGLY ENCOURAGE RECENT GRADS TO APPLY***
The maintenance planner will plan, coordinate, track, measure, and report tasks associated with end-to-end equipment lifecycle. These activities may fall within the selection, installation, operation, or decommissioning phases of the equipment lifecycle and may include preventative, predictive, corrective, project, repairs, calibration, improvements, qualification, etc. In addition, they will manage spare parts, equipment, and maintenance supplies. They will primarily interact with clinical operations, research, supply chain, procurement, and suppliers to ensure smooth running of our very complex operation system. They are expected to be a self-starter, a good manager of time, work independently, and follow standards. GRAIL’s testing volumes are scaling fast and require a dynamic and detail-oriented planner to help deliver our revolutionary test to as many people as possible. You Will;
Your Background Should Include;
- Accurately measures the maintenance backlog in its various forms
- Create and update: procedures, work instructions, guidelines, and testing documents such as installation / operational / verifications, standard operating procedures (SOP)Demonstrate flexibility in work schedule and can adjust priorities as needed
- Establish a world class planning structure that addresses issues in a timely manner and maximize the system up time for 24x7 operations
- Lead root cause investigations, drive for resolutions, and follow through completion
- Manage and source vendors to support qualifications, installations, calibrations, investigations, upgrades, preventive maintenance (PM), and/or repairs as needed
- Manage spare parts inventory
- Participate, be a role model, and adhere to GRAIL’s policies and guidelines
- Preparation of reports, metrics, and other tracking tools measuring / allowing for success
- Provide technical training, support in the creation of new training, and transfer knowledge to fellow engineers and laboratory operators
- Support the investigations NCRs, CAPAs, and associated quality and technical investigations
- Work closely with quality and regulatory to determine, include, implement and follow the required policies, requirements, and procedures for equipment lifecycle events
Physical Demands / Working Environment;
- 0-4+ years of related experience with a BS/BA or higher degree in Engineering or equivalent work experience
- Excellent communication skills to work in a team as a leader and provide internal customer support
- Excellent time management skills to support a fast-paced working environment
- Strong industrial, electrical, and mechanical knowledge
- Knowledge of systems infrastructure
- Proven experience planning within a computerized maintenance/calibration management system and working with computer programs (Google G-Suite, Microsoft Office365)
- Experience in Labor and material planning
- Knowledge Safety Training, lock out tag out (LOTO), Hazardous material, and waste handling
- Experience with Laboratory Information Management Systems (LIMS), Manufacturing Management Systems (MES), scheduling software, Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software
- Experience planning in Blue Mountain RAM
- Experience working in a clinical laboratory regulated environment (CAP/CLIA)
- Experience working in an ISO 13485 regulated environment
- Calibration experience
- Kitting experience
- Project management skills
- Regularly required to stand, sit, walk, climb stairs/ladders, kneel, crouch, or wear safety gear.Must regularly lift and / or move up to 10 pounds. Frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Travel up to 10% of the time
- Listed responsibilities are an essential, but not exhaustive list, of the usual duties associated with the position. Changes to individual responsibilities may occur due to business needs.
The expected, full-time, annual base pay scale for this position is $88,000 - $109,000. Actual base pay will consider skills, experience, and location.
Based on the role, colleagues may be eligible to participate in an annual bonus plan tied to company and individual performance, or an incentive plan. We also offer a long-term incentive plan to align company and colleague success over time.
In addition, GRAIL offers a progressive benefit package, including flexible time-off, a 401k with a company match, and alongside our medical, dental, vision plans, carefully selected mindfulness offerings.
GRAIL is an Equal Employment Office and Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status. We will reasonably accommodate all individuals with disabilities so that they can participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us
to request accommodation. GRAIL maintains a drug-free workplace.
Following extensive monitoring, consideration of business implications, and advice from internal and external experts, GRAIL US has made the decision to require that all U.S. employees be “Fully Vaccinated” with the COVID-19 vaccine. “Fully Vaccinated” is defined as two weeks after both doses of a two-dose vaccine (e.g. Pfizer or Moderna) or two weeks since a single-dose vaccine (e.g. Johnson & Johnson) has been administered. Absent a qualifying exemption, all GRAIL US employees are to comply with this requirement, including providing documentation of such vaccination status, as a condition of employment. Anyone unable to be vaccinated, either because of a sincerely held religious belief or a medical condition or disability that prevents them from being vaccinated, can request a reasonable accommodation for consideration by GRAIL.