The Business Human Resources Manager will be a trusted partner to the organization, helping to shape our culture, support our business strategies and finding and developing the talent necessary to make a remarkable impact on AbbVie and patients around the world. We seek to fully develop our employees’ skills so that we can leverage AbbVie’s diversity of opinions, cultures, and experiences in all that we do.
This role will serve as the primary strategic partner within the function of Internal Manufacturing & Engineering (IME) for Global Engineering, Global Packaging, Strategy and Program Management. This role is also responsible for manufacturing support developing HR strategies based on needs assessments resulting in strong HR solutions and is responsible for ensuring the effective “delivery” of all HR programs and services, effectiveness and associated financial results. This role is for someone who likes being a change agent but understands that relationship is the way to do it.
The Manager, HR is responsible for leveraging best-in-class HR practices to continually construct, deliver, and support programs that establish AbbVie as an employer of choice while empowering all employees at all levels of the organization. They will serve as a strategic partner to the business, developing HR strategies, needs assessments, and resulting HR solutions.
- Responsible for conducting job evaluations, job and decision rights analysis and analyzing employee data to develop workforce strategy. Responsible for ensuring the effective delivery of all HR programs and services. Responsible for HR results in the business, including client satisfaction, HR effectiveness and associated financial results.
- Establish, build and maintain strong relationships with key HR partners from all Practice Areas and Service Centers to ensure elements of HR are successfully coordinated to meet business needs, including relationship management, leadership, HR roles/responsibilities, and service delivery commitments.
- Utilize competency model and assessment tools such as 360 assessment tool and Thomas PPA talent tool to conduct manager talent assessment and deliver reports to detail potential motivators and areas of improvement to support talent development.
- Act as ambassador of the HR organization to represent the services and resources available to the business and help manage the collective reputation of the HR organization.
- Employ consulting methods such as A3 problem solving method, 5 why framework, MECE principle, etc., as well as effective business presentation skills utilizing effective visuals and charts in Powerpoint. Responsible for compliance with applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies and Procedures.
- Assist or lead proposals and recommendations to resolve strategically important issues affecting a business segment.
- Manage and leverage human and financial resources within scope of delivered project services while supporting a segment of the business. Facilitate and implement change and ensure that day-to-day activities are moving forward.
- Manage delivery of HR services across a segment of the business. Ensure appropriate amount of resource planning is accounted for by the Practice and Service Centers to support the needs of the respective business segment.
- Understand and utilize historical and broad organizational data when weighing business HR decisions and actions. Utilize ability to identify trends and new approaches in HR and develop new approaches to business processes. Responsible for initiatives and changes to current business processes must have a clear linkage with other organizational efforts being proposed or already ongoing in the respective business.
- Assist in the diagnosis, development and delivery of HR strategies, programs and services that influence and drive the needs of the respective business. Utilize skills in data analysis and survey results analysis to help generate insights around talent, culture and engagement.
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Industrial and Labor Relations or in a highly related field of study required, Master’s degree preferred.
- At least 8 years of related experience.
- Experience in conducting job evaluations, job and decision rights analysis and analyzing employee data to develop workforce strategy.
- Experience with utilizing competency model and assessment tools such as 360 assessment tool and Thomas PPA talent tool to conduct manager talent assessment and deliver reports to detail potential motivators and areas of improvement to support talent development.
- Experience with consulting methods such as A3 problem solving method, 5 why framework, MECE principle, etc., as well as effective business presentation skills utilizing effective visuals and charts in Powerpoint.
- Experience in data analysis and survey results analysis to help generate insights around talent, culture and engagement.
AbbVie is an equal opportunity employer including disability/vets. It is AbbVie’s policy to employ qualified persons of the greatest ability without discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, status as a disabled veteran, recently separated veteran, Armed Forces service medal veteran or active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran or a person’s relationship or association with a protected veteran, including spouses and other family members, or any other protected group status. We will take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified minorities, women, individuals with a disability, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans or active-duty wartime or campaign badge veterans. The Affirmative Action Plan is available for viewing in the Human Resources office during regular business hours.