Director, Copay Enablement
The Director, Copay Enablement plays a leadership role within the Copay Center of Excellence (COE), tasked with leading the strategic integration and enablement of all AbbVie copay programs across functional areas. This person will be responsible for working with the COE and across the organization with various teams (Market Access, Trade, Finance, MABI, Policy, Employer Teams, etc.) to establish clear lines of accountability and ways of working related to gross-to-net (GTN) management, forecasting & financial processes, and data operations & governance. Additionally, they will be responsible for tracking and generating above-brand market insights and forward-looking trends, with the goal of developing a consistent COE approach and enterprise point-of-view for patient access & affordability solutions.
Primary responsibilities for this leadership position include, but are not limited to:
- Enable the copay center of excellence to be set-up for success within the AbbVie ecosystem, by helping develop robust processes within the COE, and establishing clear ways of working with other AbbVie stakeholders.
- Create a timeline and establish a process to successfully manage through the LRP/LBE cycle in partnership with external vendors and AbbVie Finance partners.
- Drive enhanced operational capabilities, improving management and oversight of copay program operations at vendors.
- Establish strong data governance protocols to ensure consistent data operations, stewardship, and reporting.
- Lead & manage cross-COE initiatives, establish consistent operational processes & templates, and develop comprehensive knowledge management for all patient access & affordability solutions.
- Build a robust KPI tracking and measurement protocol to validate copay program success, and hold external vendors accountable for program operations.
- Own above-brand stakeholder engagement and communication with key stakeholders.
- Develop and foster robust internal relationship with other key stakeholders, including but not limited to Market Access/Trade, Employer Teams, Finance, Patient Services, MABI, etc.
- Support the ideation of above-brand strategies for patient access & affordability tactics to help pre-empt market events.
- Ensure a high level of cross-functional coordination and strategic/tactical planning through ongoing communications as well as contributing to a positive team culture.
- Manage vendor relationships to successfully execute copay program operations, and auxiliary tactics to ensure program success.
- Build a high performing team, creating business plans and setting priorities to achieve business objectives and goals. Influence across multiple external and internal stakeholders. Lead and develop direct, indirect and cross-business team. Infuse AbbVie Ways of Working and Talent Philosophy in day-to-day leadership and management of the business.
- Requires minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree, Master’s Degree a plus.
- A minimum of 5-7 years in the pharmaceutical industry with expertise in patient support programs, market access, finance, sales, marketing, or related commercial function in the pharmaceutical or healthcare industry.
- Candidates should have working knowledge of the compliance and regulatory environment for manufacturers in the pharmaceutical space.
- Strong writing and presentation skills.
- Ability to effectively plan, prioritize, execute, follow up and anticipate problems.
- Ability to lead across multiple functions (sales, managed healthcare, trade, marketing).
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects in fast-paced, deadline driven, entrepreneurial environment.
- Ability to influence across functions to gain consensus on solutions.
- Excellent leadership, management and organizational skills, along with problem solving, conflict resolution and team building.
- Works on issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth knowledge of functional area objectives and their impact on, and interaction with, other functions within the organization.
Key Internal/External Partners:
- Senior Leadership
- AbbVie Patient Services Organization
- Market Access / Trade
- Marketing, Analytics and Business Insights Team (MABI)
- Hub Operations
- Brand Teams / Marketing
AbbVie is an equal opportunity employer including disability/vets. It is AbbVie’s policy to employ qualified persons of the greatest ability without discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, status as a disabled veteran, recently separated veteran, Armed Forces service medal veteran or active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran or a person’s relationship or association with a protected veteran, including spouses and other family members, or any other protected group status. We will take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified minorities, women, individuals with a disability, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans or active-duty wartime or campaign badge veterans. The Affirmative Action Plan is available for viewing in the Human Resources office during regular business hours.