Responsible for leading and building a team, and, in a ‘hands-on’ fashion, contributing to all stages of small molecule drug
discovery and early development including target ID and validation, hit discovery, and lead optimization through to IND. In
addition to line management responsibilities, expected to influence overall Company strategy and engage with key external
Main Responsibilities and Duties:
· Oversight of all internal and external biology activities focused on the preclinical development of existing NCEs with
pre-identified targets (small molecule) and identify new targets.
· Provide leadership, strategic oversight, resource management, and organizational framework to ensure timely
decision-making on projects.
· Identify, support, manage, and develop talent among the team; act as a resource and mentor to team members by
providing guidance, instruction, feedback, and ongoing coaching; encourage visionary thinking. Value the
advancement of our programs and our people.
· Preserve and promote the current model of participative decision-making in an organization.
· Other duties and projects as assigned.
· Ph.D. in Biological Sciences with >10 years of industry experience working in the pharmaceutical and/or
biotechnology field as a biologist
· Extensive track record of leading drug discovery programs through to IND and adopting highly innovative
approaches to answering complex biological questions
· Ability to multi-task/ prioritize and time management of daily activities
· History of publications and conference presentations
· Proven ability to work within a matrix management structure to influence programs
· Demonstrated ability to lead through others and develop emerging leaders within the organization
· Ability to work productively and collaboratively with potential corporate partners/external collaborators
· Intermediate to advanced software skills (e.g., Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, MS Project)
· High attention to detail
· Demonstrates a high level of accuracy and effective oral and written communication skills.
· Flexibility within a rapidly changing environment
· Excellent ability to work in a goal and team-oriented setting
· Well-developed organizational skills and the ability to thrive under pressure