About the role:
Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and empower you to shine? Join us as a Principal Scientist, Neuroscience Biology in our San Diego, CA office.
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world. Here, you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission.
- Independently designs and implements extensive scientific research projects.
- Contributes to multiple projects, acting as senior scientific consultant, may be a project team leader or providing key technical knowledge to a project team
Join Takeda as a Principal Scientist, Neuroscience Biology in our San Diego, CA office.
How you will contribute:
- Designs and directs research strategy and activities to meet program objectives; provide leadership, timelines and contingency plans
- Establishes project direction integrating science, key technical knowledge, and program objectives
- Collaborates with other departments, and disciplines, acting as scientific authority within discipline
- Serves as senior project representative at external conferences, or business meetings
- Plays an active role in the evaluation of potential drug candidates for in-licensing
- Contributes to the preparation/editing/review of documents for regulatory submission (i.e., study reports, IB’s, IND’s)
- PhD degree in Neuroscience with post doc experience; At least 10 years of experience in drug discovery process
- Extensive knowledge in neuroscience, immunology, and neuroimmune interactions
- Multiple years of industry experience in drug discovery from target identification, validation, portfolio entry, to NME nomination
- Extensive expertise in establishing neuroinflammation in vitro platforms by developing cellular tools, designing and implementing cellular functional assays
- Experience in building external connections with academic labs and CROs
What Takeda can offer you:
- Comprehensive Healthcare: Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Financial Planning & Stability: 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs and company match of charitable contributions
- Family Planning Support
- Flexible Work Paths
- Tuition reimbursement
More about us:
At Takeda, we are transforming patient care through the development of novel specialty pharmaceuticals and best in class patient support programs. Takeda is a patient-focused company that will inspire and empower you to grow through life-changing work.
Certified as a Global Top Employer, Takeda offers stimulating careers, encourages innovation, and strives for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
Takeda is proud in its commitment to creating a diverse workforce and providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, parental status, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, genetic information or characteristics, marital status, status as a Vietnam era veteran, special disabled veteran, or other protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, and any other characteristic protected by law.Locations
San Diego, CAWorker Type