Working with Us
Challenging. Meaningful. Life-changing. Those arent words that are usually associated with a job. But working at Bristol Myers Squibb is anything but usual. Here, uniquely interesting work happens every day, in every department. From optimizing a production line to the latest breakthroughs in cell therapy, this is work that transforms the lives of patients, and the careers of those who do it. Youll get the chance to grow and thrive through opportunities uncommon in scale and scope, alongside high-achieving teams rich in diversity. Take your career farther than you thought possible.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives. Read more: careers.bms.com/working-with-us.Position:
Senior Specialist, Raw Material and SUS Process Engineer IILocation
: Seattle, Washington OR Warren, New Jersey
At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision transforming patients lives through science. In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
We are looking for a Senior Specialist, Raw Material and Single Use System (SUS) Process Engineer II to join the Raw Material (RM) Team within the Cell Therapy GMSAT (Global Manufacturing Science and Technology) department. The successful candidate will collaborate with the GMSAT teams in the USA (Seattle, New Jersey, and Chicago) for efforts related to vector and CT SUS and RM. They will be also supporting Contact Manufacturing Organizations (CMO) located in different markets. The Senior Specialist, Raw Material and SUS Process Engineer II will be responsible for supporting qualification of new materials, creating supporting/leading vendor change notifications, supporting dual sourcing strategies, leading/supporting investigations, working with cross-departmental teams, planning/executing risk assessments, and deviation management. This role will also be responsible for supporting and developing designs and implementation of SUS and RM best practices and new designs.
- Collaborate with process engineers and analytical scientists by applying SUS knowledge to support vector manufacturing process teams
- Support projects involving the introduction and qualification of materials, second sourcing efforts, and development of material specifications.
- Development of criteria for risk assessment and execution of process, SUS, and RM risk assessments.Support regulatory filings.
- Support technical discussions with suppliers for investigations and improvements.
- Assess SCN for potential impact on process performance and product quality.
- Support efforts focusing on alignment and harmonization of implementation strategies across sites.
- Leverage and maintain strong relationships across multiple sites and vendors.
- Support the team on complex technical issues.
- Up to 10% travel may be required domestically (primary) and internationally (potentially).
Qualifications & Experience
- B.S. with 3+ years or M.S. with 1-2 years relevant experience in Biochemical, Chemical, Biomedical, Material Science Engineering or Cell Biology/Immunology discipline or equivalent with 1-2 years of relevant experience in managing SUS projects.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively work in cross functional teams, meet deadlines, and prioritize multiple projects working in a self-driven, performance/results oriented, fast paced matrix environment.
- Strong knowledge of vector in CAR-T cellular therapy.
- Experience working with vendors and contract manufacturing sites.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills to work with teams in different functions and organizations.
- Experience working in a GMP environment. Understanding of compendial requirements and how to assess specifications. Familiarity with ICH guidelines.
- Excellent problem-solving skills, including issue resolution, root cause investigations and CAPAs. Ability to assess risk and develop contingency plans for mitigation.
- Detail oriented with excellent verbal and written communication skills. Strong scientific and technical writing skills. Able to manage time and elevate relevant issues to project lead and line management.
- Single Use Systems (SUS) experience is strongly preferred.
- Proficiency utilizing MS Office products (Visio) and statistical software (R, JMP, Minitab) is preferred.
- Experience working with vendors and contract manufacturing sites is preferred.
- Experience working on vector manufacturing or related experience is preferred
The starting compensation for this job is a range from $75,000 $95,000, plus incentive cash and stock opportunities (based on eligibility).The starting pay rate takes into account characteristics of the job, such as required skills and where the job is performed.Final, individual compensation will be decidedbased on demonstratedexperience.
Eligibility for specific benefits listed on our careers site may vary based on the job and location. For more on benefits, please visit our https://careers.bms.com/working-with-us.
Benefitofferingsare subject to the terms and conditions of the applicable plans then in effectand may include the following: Medical, pharmacy, dental and vision care. Wellbeing supportsuch asthe BMS Living Life Better program and employee assistance programs (EAP). Financial well-being resources and a 401(K). Financial protection benefits such as short- and long-term disability, life insurance, supplemental health insurance, business travel protection and survivor support.Work-life programs include paid national holidays and optional holidays, Global Shutdown Days between Christmas and New Years holiday, up to 120 hours of paid vacation, up to two (2) paid days to volunteer, sick time off, and summer hours flexibility.Parental, caregiver, bereavement, and military leave. Family care services such as adoption and surrogacy reimbursement, fertility/infertility benefits, support for traveling mothers, and child, elder and pet care resources. Other perks like tuition reimbursement and a recognition program.
Why You Should Apply
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
If you come across a role that intrigues you but doesnt perfectly line up with your resume, we encourage you to apply anyway. You could be one step away from work that will transform your life and career.
Uniquely Interesting Work, Life-changing Careers
With a single vision as inspiring as Transforming patients lives through science , every BMS employee plays an integral role in work that goes far beyond ordinary. Each of us is empowered to apply our individual talents and unique perspectives in an inclusive culture, promoting diversity in clinical trials, while our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Physical presence at the BMS worksite or physical presence in the field is a necessary job function of this role, which the Company deems critical to collaboration, innovation, productivity, employee well-being and engagement, and it enhances the Company culture.
BMS is dedicated to ensuring that people with disabilities can excel through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace accommodations/adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request a reasonable workplace accommodation/adjustment prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodations/adjustments in completing this application, or in any part of the recruitment process, direct your inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit careers.bms.com/eeo-accessibility to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
BMS cares about your well-being and the well-being of our staff, customers, patients, and communities. As a result, the Company strongly recommends that all employees be fully vaccinated for Covid-19 and keep up to date with Covid-19 boosters.
BMS will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, pursuant to applicable laws in your area.
Any data processed in connection with role applications will be treated in accordance with applicable data privacy policies and regulations.