Senior Director, Medical Engagement Center of Excellence, Global Care Gap Lead
United States - California - Foster CityUnited States - New Jersey - Morris Plains
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gilead’s therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the company’s five core values. That’s because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossibleFor Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site
to apply for this job.
At Gilead we believe every employee deserves a great leader. As a people leader now or in the future, we expect that you will model and create an environment of inclusion, be intentionally focused on the hiring, development, growth and retention of talent, and empower teams to align and achieve goals.
Job DescriptionSenior Director, Medical Engagement Center of Excellence, Global Care Gap Lead
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops, and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. We strive to transform and simplify care for people with life-threatening illnesses around the world. Gilead's portfolio of products and pipeline of investigational drugs includes treatments for HIV/AIDS, COVID, HBV, HCV, HDV, Oncology and Cell Therapy as well as Inflammatory Diseases co. Gilead is a patient-centric, science-focused company.
Reporting to the Executive Director, Global Head of the Medical Engagement Center of Excellence, this individual will play a critical and exciting new role in the Global Medical Affairs organization, evolving Gilead's medical engagement approach using advanced data analytics to better support evidence-based care. The successful candidate will be responsible for coordinating all aspects of Medical Affairs enablement for care gap-driven engagement and subsequent scaling of this new capability across therapeutic areas, globally. Working across functions, the Global Care Gap Lead will partner with global, regional, and country stakeholders, ensuring an integrated implementation, together with Strategic Planning, Learning & Development, MA Operations, and Data & Analytics teams.Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Knowledge, Experience, and Skills:
- Serve as a leader within the Global Medical Engagement Center of Excellence, working closely with Medical Affairs leadership, Business Conduct, Medical Governance, and Commercial Leadership
- Lead the coordination of Global Medical Affairs capabilities to integrate advanced care gap data analytics into the medical engagement strategy
- Integrate care gap analytics (e.g. outcomes analytics) with existing processes, technology, and tools to monitor, measure and predict better performance in collaboration with relevant internal stakeholders
- Work with selected affiliates and global stakeholders to leverage real-world data to understand national, regional, or local care gaps relevant to patients, updating on a regular cycle
- Integrate KOL mapping with care gap data analytics in collaboration with global, regional, and local Medical Affairs Leadership
- Execute appropriate stakeholder and risk management interventions (i.e. stakeholder mapping and engagement plans) and identify and resolve business risks/issues
- Function as a strategic thought partner internally as well as externally on matters of critical importance for innovation in medical engagement
- Develop creative and effective solutions to inter- and intra-project priority conflicts, resource constraints, and other challenges which may impact project goals and deliverables across multiple teams
- Collaborate with relevant Medical Affairs teams from global to local as well as Commercial and data analytics entities to evolve communication channels, work practices, and processes
- Direct and lead continuous improvement of patient-focused engagement and supporting tools to identify best practices and appropriate resource needs, including budget, tools, and personnel
- Monitor industry Medical Affairs best practices and provide recommendations for process improvement, engagement innovation, training delivery, and technology needs
- Advanced scientific degree and 12+ years' experience with significant business experience and/or business degree with significant scientific experience
- 7+ years of global/in-market Pharma/Biopharma Medical Affairs, or equivalent experience
- Oncology and/or Virology experience is preferable
- Experience shaping, developing and successfully implementing regional and/or in-market plans for medical engagement
- Experience leveraging advanced analytics to identify gaps in guidelines-based healthcare and unmet medical need
- In-depth understanding of industry regulations and requirements relevant to all aspects of Medical Affairs responsibilities
- Well-developed aptitude for digital technology with basic knowledge of IT and infrastructure
- Experience with strategic planning processes, and successful implementation of plans across regions and therapeutic areas
- Experience interpreting forecasts, budgets, financial processes, and tools
- Experience in translating business needs into a coordinated plan
- Results orientation with the ability to develop creative and simple solutions to complex problems
- Strong ability to collaborate across multiple internal and external partners
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail, clarity, accuracy, and conciseness
- Uncompromising ethical standards and conduct
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with demonstrated ability to build relationships, collaborate, influence decision-making, negotiate, and build consensus
- Additional Capabilities
- Managing complexity: Ability to manage complex projects and use networks to solve organizational issues
- Comfort with ambiguity, paired with a proactive transformational leadership style
- Prioritization: Ability to define priorities and focus on areas that add value
- Problem Solving: Ability to identify the root cause of a problem, and propose actionable solutions
- Project Management: Clear organizational skills/ability to drive a team to solve complex problems
- Collaborative style and the ability to influence at senior levels
- Innovative, self-starter with the resilience to work effectively in a fast-moving environment
The salary range for this position is: $266,815.00 - $345,290.00. Gilead considers a variety of factors when determining base compensation, including experience, qualifications, and geographic location. These considerations mean actual compensation will vary. This position may also be eligible for a discretionary annual bonus, discretionary stock-based long-term incentives (eligibility may vary based on role), paid time off, and a benefits package. Benefits include company-sponsored medical, dental, vision, and life insurance plans*.
For additional benefits information, visit: https://www.gilead.com/careers/compensation-benefits-and-wellbeing
* Eligible employees may participate in benefit plans, subject to the terms and conditions of the applicable plans.
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the 'Know Your Rights'
poster.NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACTYOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACTPAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site
to apply for this job.