Administrative Coordinator International Medical Affairs, InterContinental Region
United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gilead’s therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the company’s five core values. That’s because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossibleFor Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site
to apply for this job.
Job DescriptionAdministrative Coordinator - International Medical Affairs, InterContinental Region
Reporting to the Executive Director of International Medical Affairs - InterContinental Region, this position provides comprehensive administrative support for the Executive Directors of International Medical Affairs. This support includes scheduling, logistics, travel planning, meeting support, event planning, SOW/PO management and expense management.
Responsibilities (include but not limited to):
- Manage Schedules and Coordinate travel and logistics for Executive Directors of International Medical Affairs, InterContinental Region (IMA-ICR)
- Must possess flexibility to support the regional team, logistics, recruiting and meetings, including coordination and meeting minutes as needed.
- Maintain professional discernment on appropriate urgency/prioritization to complete
- Assist in the orientation and onboarding of new staff, including office set-up
- Support implementation of cross-functional projects
- Vendor management including due diligence, supplier set-up and contracts
- Centrally manage all MSAs, Work Orders and general agreement for department
- Act a central point of contact for IMA-ICR
- Assist with open POs, process invoices, tract expenditures and facilitate accruals and budget updates to Finance
- Assist with department presentation development
- Follows up with sub-team members or working group regarding progress on routine action items updates and deadlines
Essential Duties and Job Functions
- Candidate must have a professional demeanor that can represent Gilead's core values of integrity, excellence, teamwork & accountability in every project.
- Must have specific, working knowledge of processes related to budget tracking, invoicing and purchase orders, contract administration, and vendor relations.
- Candidate must possess solid organizational skills, excellent written and oral communication skills, attention to detail, high-level customer service skills, positive attitude and the intelligence and resourcefulness to get the job done.
- Must be able to appropriately interact with senior management and external customers/vendors
- Self-starter mindset, with the flexibility to take on a wide range of responsibilities and work independently
- Flexibility to be able to effectively work with a global team located in different time zones
- Ability to maintain a high level of discretion and confidentiality with sensitive company information
- Associates Degree or higher preferred plus 5+ years of senior administrative experience
- The expectation is this role must be onsite as needed, by Gilead policies
- Relevant project management experience preferable
- The ideal candidate would have working knowledge of pharmaceutical/biotech operations, preferably in Medical Affairs
- Strong Communication, presentation and analytical skills
- Computer Skills: basic PC skills (Windows, Excel, Word, PowerPoint). Experience with electronic document management systems
The salary range for this position is: $104,125.00 - $134,750.00. Gilead considers a variety of factors when determining base compensation, including experience, qualifications, and geographic location. These considerations mean actual compensation will vary. This position may also be eligible for a discretionary annual bonus, discretionary stock-based long-term incentives (eligibility may vary based on role), paid time off, and a benefits package. Benefits include company-sponsored medical, dental, vision, and life insurance plans*.
For additional benefits information, visit: https://www.gilead.com/careers/compensation-benefits-and-wellbeing
* Eligible employees may participate in benefit plans, subject to the terms and conditions of the applicable plans.
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the 'Know Your Rights'
poster.NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACTYOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACTPAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site
to apply for this job.