Who We Are
RefleXion transforms radiopharmaceuticals from diagnosing cancer to actively controlling delivery of external-beam radiotherapy by leveraging individual tumor biology. Designated an FDA Breakthrough Device, RefleXion’s SCINTIX™ biology-guided radiotherapy automates targeting and motion management to overcome long-standing barriers preventing definitive radiotherapy for metastatic disease. In strategic collaborations with radiopharmaceutical companies, RefleXion is co-developing and co-commercializing disease-specific radiotracers for difficult to treat late-stage cancers.
Find out more about RefleXion and SCINTIX therapy at reflexion.com.
About This Role
We are looking for a professional, bright, friendly, and team-oriented individual who is interested in an exciting and challenging position as our Associate Accountant at RefleXion Medical. This is an entry-level full-time position and will have opportunities to interact and collaborate with the finance team and the wider Company across a variety of tasks. The Associate Accountant will share ownership of the accounts payable cycle and related functions ensuring all invoices, expense reports and corporate credit cards are processed, reconciled, and recorded in an accurate and timely manner. This person will also work 1-2 days a week with our Payroll Manager making sure timecards posted and approved and other related functions. The ideal candidate will have strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and a positive, can-do attitude. The position provides for the opportunity to develop rapidly and to learn and grow as part of a professional finance team.
What You Will Be Doing
- Learn and understand our business such that you are able to appropriately assess our expenses for their correct expense-type and departmental classification.
- Input invoices to our ERP system (QAD) according to the determined classifications in the appropriate accounting period
- Ensure invoices have the proper documentation and approvals in accordance with the company’s procurement policies.
- Careful attention to matching invoices with inventory received from a PO. Work cross functionally with purchasing department to resolve discrepancies, review unmatched PO receipts, and resolve the disposition of old items.
- Responsible for reconciling corporate credit card accounts.
- Monitor the Accounts Payable inbox on a daily basis to ensure all invoices and vendor communications are properly addressed.
- Prepare and perform weekly check run and electronic payments (ACH, Wires) in a timely and accurate manner.
- Set up ad manage new vendors and maintain accurate vendor records, including obtaining complete W-9 records, updating vendor contact and payment information in QAD system.
- Prepare 1099’s at year-end for eligible vendors, contractors, and suppliers. Transmit 1096 to IRS
- Maintain excellent relationships, interact professionally and collaboratively with internal and external business partners for invoice dispute resolutions, obtaining approvals, voucher processing, payment status and other inquiries.
- Assist Senior Payroll Accountant ensure timecards are entered and approved.
- Assist with multi-state payroll filings and research state agency notices for payment.
- Continual payroll training as backup
- Assist in reconciling our bi-monthly payroll and other related projects.
- Assist with other ad-hoc requests and projects as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
Where You Will Do This Job
- Hybrid - This position will allow the successful candidate to work on a Hybrid work location schedule. They must be based in the greater SF Bay Area and must be able to commute to the RefleXion office in Hayward 1-4 days a week, depending on the role.
What We Need
- Associate degree in accounting or related study field
- Proficient in MS Office
- Previous experience in QAD and Concur Expense a plus.
- Excellent communication skills to interact with other stakeholders.
- Strong work ethic and a team player
- Strong organization skills with great attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and use time efficiently.
- Ability to maintain the highest levels of discretion and confidentiality.
- Based locally to the San Francisco Bay Area
Ways To Stand Out
- Entry level position does not require any previous experience, but internships and some general office/administration experiences are a plus.
What You Will Love About Working with Us!
- The opportunity to work with a passionate, driven team in a pre-IPO start-up environment.
- Flexible work location and schedule – hybrid work environment for many positions
- Competitive compensation and Pre–IPO stock option packages
- Medical (both HMO and PPO options), Dental and Vision
- Health Savings Account (HSA), Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account (DCFSA)
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 3 Weeks/Year PTO Accrual rate to start and 12 Paid Company Holiday
- Employer paid Life Insurance, short-term and long-term disability.
- RefleXion Benefit Hub –Company exclusive discounts and deals on a variety of sites and items
- Weekly catered on-site lunches as well as kitchens filled with a variety of healthy and delicious food and drinks – including an espresso machine and panini stations!
- Employee Events – Variety of Workshops, Lunch ‘n Learns, Financial Wellness education, Regular “Coffee Chats” with Executive Leadership, Scavenger Hunts, Company Milestone celebrations and more!
- Electric car charging stations on site
The pay range for this role is $65,000-$85,000. Actual compensation packages are based on several factors that are unique to each candidate, including but not limited to skill set, depth of experience, certifications, and specific work location. This may be different in other locations due to differences in the cost of labor. The total compensation package for this position may also include bonus, stock, benefits and/or other applicable variable compensation.
Values and Diversity
RefleXion is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability/medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.