At Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll discover meaningful work that makes a positive impact on a global scale. Join our colleagues in bringing our Mission to life - enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We provide our teams with the resources needed to achieve individual career goals while taking science a step beyond through research, development and delivery of life-changing therapies. With clinical trials conducted in 100+ countries and ongoing development of novel frameworks for clinical research through our PPD clinical research portfolio, our work spans laboratory, digital and decentralized clinical trial services. Your determination to deliver quality and accuracy will improve health outcomes that people and communities depend on – now and in the future.
Our PPD® Laboratory Services team has a direct impact on improving patient health through the expertise of scientists, industry thought-leaders and therapeutic experts. As the world leader in serving science, our laboratory professionals bring their commitment to accuracy and quality to deliver groundbreaking innovations.Location/Division Specific Information
Tech Support - Labs
Note: Full time, Benefits, Annual Bonus, 401k Match, PTO, Relocation Assistance Available
A day in the Life:
- Performs scheduled routine maintenance on active instrumentation and equipment.
- Performs scheduled calibrations/qualifications on active instrumentation and equipment to include IQ (Installation Qualification), OQ (Operational Qualification) and PQ (Performance Qualification).
- Performs remedial maintenance on active instrumentation and equipment.
- Provides installation oversight of new laboratory instrumentation and equipment.
- Follows vendor documentation relating to PM, calibration/qualification and repairs.
- Addresses audits (internal or external client) on laboratory instruments and equipment.
- Evaluates lab support records for compliance with SOPs, reviews for completeness and accuracy and reports findings.
- High / Secondary school diploma or equivalent and relevant formal academic / vocational qualification
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Previous experience that provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job (comparable to 2+ years’) or equivalent combination of education, training, & experience.
Physical Requirements / Work Environment
- Understanding of FDA and GXP regulations and requirements
- Working knowledge and understanding of laboratory instrumentation and equipment
- Working knowledge with systems in use at PPD or within the CRO/Pharmaceutical industry
- Basic troubleshooting, analytical and problem solving skills
- Client focused approach with strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with vendors, clients and all levels of staff
- Ability to work in a collaborative team environment
Thermo Fisher Scientific values the health and wellbeing of our employees. We support and encourage individuals to create a healthy and balanced environment where they can thrive. Below is listed the working environment/requirements for this role:
- Able to communicate, receive, and understand information and ideas with diverse groups of people in a comprehensible and reasonable manner.
- Able to work upright and stationary and/or standing for typical working hours.
- Able to lift and move objects up to 25 pounds.
- Able to work in non-traditional work environments.
- Able to use and learn standard office equipment and technology with proficiency.
- May have exposure to potentially hazardous elements, including infectious agents, typically found in healthcare or laboratory environments.
- Able to perform successfully under pressure while prioritizing and handling multiple projects or activities.
Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Watch as our colleagues explain 5 reasons to work with us. As one team of 100,000+ colleagues, we share a common set of values - Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement - working together to accelerate research, solve complex scientific challenges, drive technological innovation and support patients in need. #StartYourStory with PPD, part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, where diverse experiences, backgrounds and perspectives are valued.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Job Seekers with a Disability: Thermo Fisher Scientific offers accessibility service for job seekers requiring accommodations in the job application process. For example, this may include individuals requiring assistance because of hearing, vision, mobility, or cognitive impairments. If you are a job seeker with a disability, or assisting a person with a disability, and require accessibility assistance or an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please submit a request by telephone at 1-855-471-2255*. Please include your contact information and specific details about your required accommodation to support you during the job application process.
*This telephone line is reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requiring accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Messages left for other purposes, such as not being able to get into the career website, following up on an application, or other non-disability related technical issues will not receive a response.