Why join Freenome?
Freenome is a high-growth biotech company developing tests to detect cancer using a standard blood draw. To do this, Freenome uses a multiomics platform that combines tumor and non-tumor signals with machine learning to find cancer in its earliest, most-treatable stages.
Cancer is relentless. This is why Freenome is building the clinical, economic, and operational evidence to drive cancer screening and save lives. Our first screening test is for colorectal cancer (CRC) and advanced adenomas, and it’s just the beginning.
Founded in 2014, Freenome has ~500 employees and more than $1.1B in funding from key investors, such as the American Cancer Society, Andreessen Horowitz, Anthem Blue Cross, Bain Capital, Colorectal Cancer Alliance, DCVC, Fidelity, Google Ventures, Kaiser Permanente, Novartis, Perceptive Advisors, RA Capital, Roche, Sands Capital, T. Rowe Price, and Verily.
At Freenome, we aim to impact patients by empowering everyone to prevent, detect, and treat their disease. This, together with our high-performing culture of respect and cross-collaboration, is what motivates us to make every day count.
Become a Freenomer
Do you have what it takes to be a Freenomer? A “Freenomer” is a determined, mission-driven, results-oriented employee fueled by the opportunity to change the landscape of cancer and make a positive impact on patients’ lives. Freenomers bring their diverse experience, expertise, and personal perspective to solve problems and push to achieve what’s possible, one breakthrough at a time.
About this opportunity:
At Freenome, we are searching for a Senior Director, People Programs who is responsible for implementing and delivering short and long-term People strategies and practices that align with business objectives and contribute to our high-performing culture. This role oversees the change management (initiation, planning/formulating, implementation, communication, cross-functional collaboration, evaluation, and measurement) of multiple concurrent key People initiatives and programs such as Talent Management, Leadership Development, Learning and Development, Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging (DEIB), and company-wide events.
The role reports to the Chief People Officer (CPO).
What you’ll do:
- Design, deploy, and optimize processes and programs to support and enhance employee experience. This will initially include but is not limited to, co-creating key processes/programs around performance management, employee development, leadership development, talent management, diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging (DEIB), employee engagement survey, return-to-site, contingent workforce, and events
- Partner cross-functionally with leaders across the organization to help define process objectives and implement project plans that ensure high-quality execution
- Develop and maintain effective internal communication strategies (calendar, key milestones, actions, and training) to drive awareness and execution of People management programs
- Develop, manage, and monitor People programs that deliver high-quality outcomes to improve engagement and employee experience
- Create efficiencies through a deep understanding of People processes, data flows, and system capabilities to streamline and/or automate and increase quality and data integrity
- Influence the direction and continuous improvement of People Programs through a deep understanding of current industry trends and external benchmarking. Oversee the People tracking and reporting of key objectives and results; design and maintain ad hoc and standard reports/analytics for ongoing business needs and for People program support
- Be a trusted advisor and thought partner to the Chief People Officer, People Team Leaders, and Senior Management
- In partnership with the HRBPs, curate, and train on Leadership Development programs to create a mindset of accountability and high performance
- BA/BS degree required in a related field; Master’s degree preferred
- 15+ years of progressive experience in HR/People roles with a demonstrable track record of building and optimizing programs and systems within common areas in acquisition processes, HCMS implementation, learning and development, engagement and retention programs, total rewards, and job architecture
- 5+ years of People project management experience leading company-wide business projects and change management initiatives with corresponding communication strategies
- 5+ years of experience developing, deploying, and driving processes that scale in all areas of People Programs with projects in Performance Management, Talent Management, and DEIB
- Demonstrated ability to analyze business needs of the organization and create people strategies to address needs
- Demonstrated knowledge and application of data structure principles, trends, and best practices, including experience tracking and analyzing HR metrics
- Strong collaborator and communicator with experience influencing internal stakeholders and senior leadership
- Effective at driving outcomes and change, even without direct authority
- Strategic, critical, and innovative thinker; able to prioritize and use sound judgment and decision-making
- Experience working in a fast-paced, high growth, and innovative company and knowledge to deliver a great people experience in this environment
- Exceptional presentation, communication, program management, and organizational skills
- Knowledge of MS Office Suite, Google Suite, and software applications related to job functions
Benefits and additional information:
The US target range of our base salary for new hires is $183,000 - $280,000. You will also be eligible to receive pre-IPO equity, cash bonuses, and a full range of medical, financial, and other benefits depending on the position offered. Please note that individual total compensation for this position will be determined at the Company’s sole discretion and may vary based on several factors, including but not limited to, location, skill level, years and depth of relevant experience, and education. We invite you to check out our career page @ https://careers.freenome.com/ for additional company information.
Freenome is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer, and we value diversity. Freenome does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws.