Regeneron is seeking a highly motivated Vet Technician to assist our Veterinarians and Vivarium Management in administering a program of health and welfare to the rodent barrier and conventional colonies.
A typical day as a Vet Tech Might look like:
- Provides clinical support for rodent health care including but not limited to sick checks, anesthesia, analgesia, euthanasia and surgery
- Coordinates/assists with transfers of rodent within and between facilities
- Performs Health Surveillance Sampling
- Conducts Post Approval Monitoring of housing/procedure rooms
- Assists with training program for animal husbandry staff and research staff utilizing animals
- Pursues continuing education in lab animal medicine and managerial/leadership courses on Talent Hub
- Prepares a presentation and presents at one monthly Veterinary Service Seminar per year
This may be the role for you if:
- You enjoy working within a team and can collaborate with colleagues.
- You are willing to help to train and advise less experienced Veterinary Technicians.
- You are able to provide work direction to lower-level staff and can assist in Animal Care Staff with their duties when vital.
- You are meticulous and can produce work that typically does not need to be reviewed upon completion.
To be considered for this role, you must have a minimum of an Associates Degree in a relevant field, and a minimum of 2 years of relevant technical experience with mice and rats in a laboratory setting.
- LVT and AALAS certification at the LAT level is desirable.
- Ideally you should have experience with anesthesia, analgesia and phlebotomy in rodents.
- We would also prefer a candidate with knowledge of applicable regulations regarding the accurate standards of animal care and use in a research environment is desired.
Does this sound like you? Apply now to take your first steps toward living the Regeneron Way! We have an inclusive and diverse culture that provides comprehensive benefits including health and wellness programs, fitness centers and equity awards, annual bonuses, and paid time off for eligible employees at all levels!
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or belief (or lack thereof), sex, nationality, national or ethnic origin, civil status, age, citizenship status, membership of the Traveler community, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, familial status, marital or registered civil partnership status, pregnancy or parental status, gender identity, gender reassignment, military or veteran status, or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application process. Please contact us to discuss any accommodations you think you may need.
The salary ranges provided are shown in accordance with U.S. law and apply to U.S. based positions, where the hired candidate will be located in the U.S. If you are outside the U.S, please speak with your recruiter about salaries and benefits in your location.
Salary Range (annually)
$59,300.00 - $92,700.00