This position reports into the Office of the Product Safety Team (PST) within the Pharmacovigilance and Patient Safety (PPS) organization’s Global PV Strategy Management Office. The PPS organization works collaboratively and strategically with colleagues across the product lifecycle to identify, evaluate, understand and communicate the safety profile of our drugs to protect patients worldwide.
The Partnership Alliance Management Team is a high-profile high-impact team that owns Pharmacovigilance and Quality Agreements and leads the PV and Quality Agreement strategy across the partnership lifecycle. The Partnership Management team plays a critical role partnering with internal stakeholders and external partners across the partnership lifecycle to ensure appropriate and timely exchange of safety information to maintain regulatory compliance. As the Senior Manager, Partnership Alliance Management, you are in a highly visible role that provides various opportunities to drive the strategy and development of PV and Quality Agreements and related business processes and technologies.
· Builds, maintains and develops strategic partnerships with key internal and external stakeholders to advance the department priorities in driving partnership and compliance excellence.
· Responsible for coaching, developing, guiding, and encouraging growth and development within the department.
· Develop and maintain processes and procedures associated with contracts. Liaise and build relationships with Purchasing, Commercial, and cross-functional teams to ensure that contract terms are executed appropriately
· Proactively identifies and escalates potential compliance related issues that may impact the ability to meet regulatory requirements and business goals
· Organize and conduct periodic review of adequacy of existing PV & Quality Agreements and initiates revision where appropriate
· Proactively identifies risks or points of disagreement in a partnership and addresses in a time-sensitive manner, engaging senior leadership as needed
· Independently negotiates, executes, and maintains global PV & Quality Agreements
· Monitors various internal reports for adherence to PV & Quality Agreements of PV & Quality functions and external partners, communicates issues, suggest and request corrective actions
· Maintain electronic database to track global and local PV & Quality Agreements
· Provides Affiliate support in review and execution of local PV Agreements
· Acts as liaison within departments in PPS & Quality to ensure understanding, execution, and implementation of PV & Quality Agreements
· Builds enterprise knowledge around PV & Quality processes and systems utilized to create and execute PV & Quality Agreements; plans and conducts best practice and knowledge sharing forums with internal stakeholders and external advisory groups.
- Bachelor’s Degree with related health science background, BSN, BS, BS Pharm, PharmD.
- Advanced degree preferred.
- Minimum 3 years pharma experience; 1-3 years should be pharmacovigilance or quality experience
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively and collaboratively across the organization must have strong ability to build relationships both internally and externally
- Have excellent negotiation, presentation and communication skills, major strength in influencing
AbbVie is an equal opportunity employer including disability/vets. It is AbbVie’s policy to employ qualified persons of the greatest ability without discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, status as a disabled veteran, recently separated veteran, Armed Forces service medal veteran or active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran or a person’s relationship or association with a protected veteran, including spouses and other family members, or any other protected group status. We will take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified minorities, women, individuals with a disability, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans or active-duty wartime or campaign badge veterans. The Affirmative Action Plan is available for viewing in the Human Resources office during regular business hours.