About the role:
- Support product teams to evaluate life-cycle-based metrics and other relevant product sustainability metrics by performing analysis on energy, water, waste, and emissions.
- Provide environmental sustainability expertise, oversight and coordination with internal stakeholders globally.
- Manage LCA/ecodesign toolset needed for the identification and assessment of environmental impacts associated with Takeda products.
- Support development of LCA tools and processes for implementation of the SbD metric development.
- Execute Takeda’s Environmental Life Cycle Assessment (ELCA) Program for the cradle-to-grave assessment of Takeda products.
- Provide environmental impact analysis of new materials and processes in support of product innovation.
- Advocate with internal and external stakeholders on continuous improvement opportunities for product sustainability.
How you will contribute:
- Integrate industry-specific product category rules (PCRs), utilize the life cycle impact assessment (LCIA) methodology, tools and impact categories (e.g., climate change, acidification, eutrophication,…), including pharma-specific impact pathways and toxicity modelling, while fulfilling international standards requirements (e.g. ISO 14040/14044).
- Provide expert support to the various project teams in research, development, business strategy, manufacturing sciences, supply chain, commercial, data & digital and others who have an impact on or are subject to implementing the sustainability programs.
- Coordinate Scope 3 data use in product decision-making touch-points.
- Oversee environmental LCA performance data collection, review, compilation, verification, analysis and reporting.
- Support environmental performance reporting for internal & external communications (e.g., website, Takeda’s Sustainable Values Report, CDP, DJSI, etc.).
- Perform other duties as assigned.
DIMENSIONS AND ASPECTS
Technical/Functional (Line) Expertise
- Knowledge and experience with environmental Life Cycle Analysis tools, methods, and implementation.
- Knowledge and experience with applying circular economy concepts, eco-design and product environmental declarations.
- Ability to develop strong and effective working relationships with internal partners (e.g. Product Stewardship, Pharm Science, Global Engineering, R&D, GMS, Communications, Corporate Communications, etc.) and external stakeholders.
- Written and verbal communication skills with the ability to provide training support.
- Very strong computer skills, especially with Excel and PowerPoint and other data management applications including experience with GaBi or other similar life cycle assessment tools.
What you bring to Takeda
- Bachelor of Science degree in Environmental, Chemistry or Chemical Engineering (other engineering or science-related degrees will be considered on a case by case basis).
- Solid understanding of environmental life cycle analysis and associated tools / systems.
- Up to 5 years’ experience in the pharmaceutical and/or chemical industries in manufacturing/R&D environments.
- Experience in collaborating with different stakeholders and/or handling projects.
- Multi-lingual capability (English plus at least one other language) is considered a plus.
More about us:
At Takeda, we are transforming patient care through the development of novel specialty pharmaceuticals and best in class patient support programs. Takeda is a patient-focused company that will inspire and empower you to grow through life-changing work.
Certified as a Global Top Employer, Takeda offers stimulating careers, encourages innovation, and strives for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
Empowering our people to shine:
Takeda is proud in its commitment to creating a diverse workforce and providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, parental status, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, genetic information or characteristics, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.Locations
BEL - Lessines, ITA - Rieti, Lexington, MA, Oranienburg, Germany, Vienna, AustriaWorker Type