We are seeking a highly motivated Principal Scientist within the Formulation Development Group (FDG) of Regeneron Pharmaceutical Inc. at Tarrytown, NY. The Principal Scientist in FDG leads formulation and drug product development that may include candidate screening and selection for preclinical and Phase 1 clinical studies, developing formulations for Phase 2/3 clinical studies and commercialization.
A Typical Day in the Role May Look Like:
- Lead formulation and drug product development activities for multiple programs, in collaboration with analytical and drug product process development and other cross functional teams.
- Design and conduct biochemical and biophysical characterization and pre-formulation studies to support evaluation of preclinical drug candidates and developing preclinical and FIH formulations
- Independently designs and conducts stability studies and other experiments to support formulation development and stability testing in various phases
- Develops and applies analytical methods to support product characterization, formulation development, and stability testing of mAbs, bispecifics and other modalities.
- Serve as a program lead and subject matter of experts at the cross functional research, CMC and program teams
- Presents work at group, department and inter-department meetings, and shares knowledge and expertise of formulations development at cross-functional team meetings.
- Authors and reviews formulation development sections of regulatory and technical documents, study reports and technology transfer documents
- Mentors and manages research associates as needed
- Seeks out, recognizes and assesses new technologies to improve formulation development and analytical characterization
- Conducts research (problem solving, characterizing protein stability, etc), presents at external conferences and publish work
This Role May Be for You If:
- You have hands-on experience in protein, antibodies in a biopharmaceutical setting.
- You have strong technical knowledge base and proven experience with biophysical/biochemical characterization, bioanalytical method development or biomolecule product development.
- You have hands-on experience and trouble-shooting proficiency with analytical and characterization techniques for biomolecules, such as column chromatographic (HPLC/UPLC), capillary electrophoresis and/or biophysical techniques (such as DLS, CD, FTIR, DSC, AUC) for protein characterization.
- You have a passion for science with a motivation for making contributions and thrive in fast-paced collaborative team environment.
- You are capable of multi-tasking, working both independently and within a collaborative environment.
- You excel when working in a fast-paced environment.
In order to be considered qualified for this role, you must have a PhD in Chemistry, or Biochemistry, Biophysics, Pharmaceutical Sciences, or a related field with 3-7 years of relevant industry experience (applicants with less experience may be considered as Sr. Scientist, instead of Principal Scientist), and proven track record of publications in the field of endeavor. A BS/MS degree and 11+ years relevant experience may also be considered.
Does this sound like you? Apply now to take your first steps toward living the Regeneron Way! We have an inclusive and diverse culture that provides comprehensive benefits including health and wellness programs, fitness centers and equity awards, annual bonuses, and paid time off for eligible employees at all levels!
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or belief (or lack thereof), sex, nationality, national or ethnic origin, civil status, age, citizenship status, membership of the Traveler community, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, familial status, marital or registered civil partnership status, pregnancy or parental status, gender identity, gender reassignment, military or veteran status, or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application process. Please contact us to discuss any accommodations you think you may need.
The salary ranges provided are shown in accordance with U.S. law and apply to U.S. based positions, where the hired candidate will be located in the U.S. If you are outside the U.S, please speak with your recruiter about salaries and benefits in your location.
Salary Range (annually)
$121,200.00 - $197,800.00