Are you ready to join a high-growth, well-funded Series company based in South San Francisco, California!! Our mission is to enable our customers to eradicate cancer and accelerate development and delivery of advanced therapeutics.
We are a dynamic and diverse team. We live by the culture of “One Cell, One Team, One Vision.” We are collaborative, we are driven, and we are curious.
To help us meet our goals we are looking to hire a Bioinformatics Scientist to join our family!
If any of the below describes you, we would love to speak with you!
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Design highly multiplexed amplification assays capable of interrogating genes, mutations and biomarkers on single-cell multiomics platforms.
- Develop single-cell NGS assays and computational solutions for our Pharma customers to address cutting edge biological and technical questions, and to support their translational research.
- Develop bioinformatics and statistical methods, prototype new product features and applications designed to have clinical impact on cancer patients.
- Communicate analysis results to internal and external stakeholders
- Work closely with collaborators in industry and academia on translational research. Work cross functionally with the Mission Bio commercial and scientific teams to support project planning and commercial launch.
To be successful in this role, your background and experience should include:
- Masters or PhD degree in Bioinformatics, Computational Biology, Statistics, or related field with 3+ years of industry experience. Relevant grad/postdoc experience are also welcome
- 2+ years’ experience in at least two of the following - variant calling, dimension reduction, machine learning, phylogeny, single cell data, visualization, statistics
- 2+ years’ experience building analysis and bioinformatics pipelines
- Expert in Python and/or R, bash scripting
- A working understanding of biological systems, system biology, gene expression, molecular biology or cell biology.
- Ability to evaluate and clearly communicate results
- Ability to build strong relationships with co-workers of various backgrounds and expertise
- Excel in technology development with demanding schedules and deliverables
- Experienced and confident in a fast-paced start-up work environment
What can Mission Bio offer you? (Besides an amazing and innovative culture?)
- All Inclusive - Full Benefits Package
- Unlimited PTO Package
- Employee Assistance Program
- Travel Assistance Program
- And Much More
Mission Bio is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, including supporting applicants and employees with a disability or protected veterans, as well as any other status protected by law. PRINCIPALS ONLY// NO AGENCIES OR THIRD PARTIES