Working with Us
Challenging. Meaningful. Life-changing. Those arent words that are usually associated with a job. But working at Bristol Myers Squibb is anything but usual. Here, uniquely interesting work happens every day, in every department. From optimizing a production line to the latest breakthroughs in cell therapy, this is work that transforms the lives of patients, and the careers of those who do it. Youll get the chance to grow and thrive through opportunities uncommon in scale and scope, alongside high-achieving teams rich in diversity. Take your career farther than you thought possible.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives. Read more: careers.bms.com/working-with-us.
Cell Therapy is one of the most groundbreaking new forms of cancer treatments being studied today. With therapies only in their infancy and BMSs continued investment in our Cell Therapy capabilities, the growthpotential of this science, your career, and the ability to help patients are incredible.
We are seeking an enthusiastic, self-driven individual to join the Gene Delivery Process and Analytical Development team. Our team develops the end-to-end processes and technologies to deliver the critical raw materials used in the manufacturing of engineered T cells, including viral vectors. The primary focus of this Associate Scientist is to develop high-throughput tools to support process development, production, and characterization of viral vectors (lentiviral vectors and/or adeno-associated viruses) used for gene delivery and gene editing of our cell therapy products. This team member will support current programs and advance our capabilities in vector production.
- Perform hands-on experimental work in the development and optimization of upstream (cell culture and transfection conditions) unit operations for viral vector production
- Support process and technology development for viral vector manufacturing platforms utilizing suspension cell culture, transient transfection, and single-use systems.
- Support development of high-throughput process development tools such as automated multi-parallel bioreactor system (Ambr)
- Design, plan, execute, and analyze lab experiments using statistical design of experiment (DOE) principles
- Maintain proper documentation of experimental results using an electronic lab notebook
- Summarize and present scientific data; communicate progress to project teams
- Author technical documents including protocols and internal development reports
- Maintain a safe work environment in accordance with policies/procedures/regulations.
- M.S. or B.S. in Biological or Chemical Engineering, Virology, Molecular or Cellular Biology, Biochemistry, or related discipline
- 0-2 (MS) or 2+ (BS) years of hands-on experience with biological process unit operations and equipment (ie. mammalian cell culture, bioreactors, normal flow filtration, high-throughput automation)
- Uses scientific principles and engineering fundamentals to solve problems
- Understanding of cell growth kinetics, cell culture parameter control, mass transfer, and nutrient and metabolite analysis
- Ability to design experiments with design of experiment (DOE) approaches, perform experiments, and interpret the results using statistical software (ex. JMP)
- Independently motivated with ability to multi-task, problem-solve, and coordinate activities within a team
- Desire and drive to learn the biological mechanism of cell and gene therapy products and passion for their impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely through oral presentation and technical writing
- Familiarity with process scale up/scale down, scale down model qualification, and programming automated equipment
The starting compensation for this jobis a range from $75,000-$95,000 plus incentive cash and stock opportunities (based on eligibility).
The starting pay rate takes into account characteristics of the job, such as required skills and where the job is performed.
Final, individual compensation will be decidedbased on demonstratedexperience.
Eligibility for specific benefits listed on our careers site may vary based on the job and location. For more on benefits, please visit our website https://careers.bms.com/working-with-us
Benefitofferingsare subject to the terms and conditions of the applicable plans then in effectand may include the following: Medical, pharmacy, dental and vision care. Wellbeing supportsuch asthe BMS Living Life Better program and employee assistance programs (EAP). Financial well-being resources and a 401(K). Financial protection benefits such as short- and long-term disability, life insurance, supplemental health insurance, business travel protection and survivor support.Work-life programs include paid national holidays and optional holidays, Global Shutdown Days between Christmas and New Years holiday, up to 120 hours of paid vacation, up to two (2) paid days to volunteer, sick time off, and summer hours flexibility.Parental, caregiver, bereavement, and military leave. Family care services such as adoption and surrogacy reimbursement, fertility/infertility benefits, support for traveling mothers, and child, elder and pet care resources. Other perks like tuition reimbursement and a recognition program.
If you have a passion for taking on new challenges in a fast-paced and dynamic environment, are dedicated to excellence and want to make a difference, we're excited to hear from you! The ideal candidate has a proven track record of innovation, demonstrated skill set and knowledge of viral vectors, in gene editing, analytical development, and is excited to take on new challenges in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
If you come across a role that intrigues you but doesnt perfectly line up with your resume, we encourage you to apply anyway. You could be one step away from work that will transform your life and career.
Uniquely Interesting Work, Life-changing Careers
With a single vision as inspiring as Transforming patients lives through science , every BMS employee plays an integral role in work that goes far beyond ordinary. Each of us is empowered to apply our individual talents and unique perspectives in an inclusive culture, promoting diversity in clinical trials, while our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Physical presence at the BMS worksite or physical presence in the field is a necessary job function of this role, which the Company deems critical to collaboration, innovation, productivity, employee well-being and engagement, and it enhances the Company culture.
BMS is dedicated to ensuring that people with disabilities can excel through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace accommodations/adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request a reasonable workplace accommodation/adjustment prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodations/adjustments in completing this application, or in any part of the recruitment process, direct your inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit careers.bms.com/eeo-accessibility to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
BMS cares about your well-being and the well-being of our staff, customers, patients, and communities. As a result, the Company strongly recommends that all employees be fully vaccinated for Covid-19 and keep up to date with Covid-19 boosters.
BMS will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, pursuant to applicable laws in your area.
Any data processed in connection with role applications will be treated in accordance with applicable data privacy policies and regulations.