At Lilly, we unite caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world. We are a global healthcare leader headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. Our 35,000 employees around the world work to discover and bring life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding and management of disease, and give back to our communities through philanthropy and volunteerism. We give our best effort to our work, and we put people first. We’re looking for people who are determined to make life better for people around the world.
Lilly is entering an exciting period of growth and we are committed to delivering innovative medicines to patients around the world. Lilly is investing over $1 billion to create a new state-of-the-art manufacturing site, in Concord, North Carolina. The brand-new facility will utilize the latest technology to increase the company's manufacturing capacity in parenteral (injectable) medications, device assembly and packaging operations. This is an exciting once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to help build and operate a new site. The Lilly Concord site will be built using the latest high-tech equipment, advanced highly integrated and automated manufacturing systems, and have a focus on minimizing the impact to our environment. This is an opportunity you don’t want to miss!
Manufacturing and Quality Information and Digital Services (MQ IDS) supports manufacturing operational excellence and productivity efforts through utilization of information and technology. MQ IDS strives to enable the making of medicine “with safety first and quality always”.
The IDS Analyst (MES) position at the Concord Parenteral Facility (CPF) will partner with local functional organizations and Next Generation MES Core team to contribute in the Next Generation MES design/build/validation, support the delivery of the packaging and manufacturing line tickets and facilitate the operational readiness at the Concord Parenteral Facility.
Develop application knowledge and business context
- Be an expert and resource in the business use of Manufacturing Execution System (MES) applications
- Accurately translate business processes, which may span multiple areas, into technical terms, and vice versa
- Leverage knowledge and communication of/with the business to create or update electronic execution tickets.
- Build and maintain awareness and knowledge of regulatory, legal, or quality requirements impacting the business areas, and ensure that solution requirements comply
- Assist the Global next generation MES team and third parties in the validation of the MES System during the deployment of the application in the site.
- Lead the delivery and support of digital solutions and electronic tickets from the site perspective.
- Work with the business to identify and capture new opportunities, improve processes, and optimize the value IDS can provide
- Work with the business to define changes to our manufacturing process that have an impact into our electronic tickets and make the appropriate changes
- Manage the manufacturing area agenda and workload to ensure correct delivery and prioritization
- Effectively influence the business to drive value and to implement the appropriate digital solutions, and challenge different levels of the organization
- Provide status reporting and manage issue escalations
- Produce and maintain local project and validation documentation
- Ensure systems remain in a validated state and manage their lifecycle through releases, recapitalization, and retirement
- Ensure the incident, problem, configuration, and change/release management are all accomplished in alignment with and understanding of business need
- Bachelor of Science degree in IT, Chemistry, Pharmacy, Science, Engineering, or related field
- At least 3 years of relevant work experience in information technology, engineering, business support or related areas
- Previous experience working with a MES in GMP setting.
- Ability to effectively communicate with business stakeholders and IDS subject matter experts, understanding and speaking the language of both
- Position is located in Concord, North Carolina
- FTE, 10% -15% Traveling and occasional off hours and weekend work is expected.
- Prior work experience working with PharmaSuite
- Prior work experience working in pharma or other GMP setting
- Prior experience working in information security and/or cyber security
- Demonstrated ability to influence without authority
- Strong working knowledge of technical tools (i.e., Tableau, PowerBI, Denodo, SQL, etc.)
- Solid knowledge of Computer System Validation process
- Demonstrated ability to analyze, anticipate, and resolve complex issues (technical, operational, or business-related) through sound problem-solving skills
- Effectively prioritize and escalate issues
- Demonstrated learning agility and curiosity
- Demonstrated ability to understand manufacturing business processes and convert into IT requirements/solutions
- Demonstrated ability to evaluate, facilitate, and drive towards risk-based decision making
- Desire and ability to communicate using a variety of methods in diverse forums
- Strong account management skills, including research, listening, effective communication and presentation
Eli Lilly and Company, Lilly USA, LLC and our wholly owned subsidiaries (collectively “Lilly”) are committed to help individuals with disabilities to participate in the workforce and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you require an accommodation to submit a resume for positions at Lilly, please email Lilly Human Resources ( Lilly_Recruiting_Compliance@lists.lilly.com ) for further assistance. Please note This email address is intended for use only to request an accommodation as part of the application process. Any other correspondence will not receive a response.
Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Our employee resource groups (ERGs) offer strong support networks for their members and help our company develop talented individuals for future leadership roles. Our current groups include: Africa, Middle East, Central Asia Network, African American Network, Chinese Culture Network, Early Career Professionals, Japanese International Leadership Network (JILN), Lilly India Network, Organization of Latinos at Lilly, PRIDE (LGBTQ + Allies), Veterans Leadership Network, Women’s Network, Working and Living with Disabilities. Learn more about all of our groups.
As a condition of employment with Eli Lilly and Company and its subsidiaries in the United States and Puerto Rico, you must be fully COVID-19 vaccinated and provide proof of vaccination satisfactory to the company (subject to applicable law).