At Lilly, we unite caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world. We are a global healthcare leader headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. Our 35,000 employees around the world work to discover and bring life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding and management of disease, and give back to our communities through philanthropy and volunteerism. We give our best effort to our work, and we put people first. We’re looking for people who are determined to make life better for people around the world.
At Lilly, we serve an extraordinary purpose. For more than 140 years, we have worked tirelessly to discover medicines that make life better. These discoveries start in Lilly Research Laboratories, where our scientists work to create new medicines that will help solve our world’s greatest health challenges.
Lilly is passionate about the discovery, development and commercialization of potential new medicines that will impact and improve the lives of patients. Our Lilly Genetic Medicine (LGM) team is an innovation-focused group working to identify, develop and apply cutting-edge technologies to deliver maximum benefit to our patients. Our agile and diverse team strives to operate as an autonomous ‘biotech-like’ company within the walls of Lilly.
We are looking for a highly motivated and experienced candidate for the role to lead our hepatic DNA editing delivery; process, analytics, and scale-up of non-viral nanomedicines (e.g., LNPs, PNPs) efforts. The candidate will have experience in hepatic non-viral delivery and scale-up, process development, tech transfer to CMC, etc. of non-viral nanoparticles. In addition, the candidate will have functional knowledge of in vitro biology, in vivo biology, DNA editing, and demonstrated experience managing cross-collaborative projects.
Do you have an aptitude for innovative approaches focused on identifying impactful therapies for the patient? We want you on our team!
- Manage the scientific functions and lead the activities of a research group, and may be required to coordinate multiple teams to achieve project goals
- The role's responsibilities include the maintenance of organizational balance across teams, as well as setting the scientific directions for personnel
- Optimize iinterdisciplinary understanding and synergy within the team and integrates activities with those of other Departments and Project Teams, to help shape cohesive Research plans
- Manages activities of the research group across project boundaries
- Mentors on scientific and ethical development, motivates personnel and resolves conflicts
- Ensures personnel goal setting is effectively linked to corporate and department goals
- Manages the activities of staff and provides them insightful guidance to succeed and grow
- Oversees activities of staff and adapts personnel deployment to changing priorities, to ensure key goals of all projects are met on time
- Helps define scientific and strategic directions and develops champions of technological innovation for the research group
- Directs effective, timely and ethical publication and patenting activities for the group
- Leads effective management of CRO contracts and/or external scientific collaborations
- Maintains the excellence of standards for structure and interpretation of all laboratory records, electronic database entries, internal reports, patents and external communications from the group
- Communicates company objectives to the group and availability of group resources and methods to Project Team(s), in a clear and timely manner, and develops abilities of others in this role
- Leads preparation of lucid scientific reports for all other branches and levels of the organization and its collaborators, presents expertly when called upon to various stakeholders and senior leadership
- Responsible for developing and cultivating and high achieving organization
- M.S. and 15+ years of experience or PhD and 7-10+ years of experience in Pharmaceutical Sciences, Process Sciences, Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, or other relevant scientific discipline.
- Advanced expertise in state-of-the-art non-viral (e.g., LNP, PNP) delivery technologies for therapeutic applications with a focus on the discovery, development, and implementation of strategies for tissue-specific delivery
- Demonstrated scientific productivity as evidenced by a strong publication record in top tier journals or equivalent industry accomplishment
- Highly developed scientific leadership qualities and established prowess integrating the activities of distinct functional groups across multiple projects
- Greater aptitude for identifying productive new research initiatives/directions
- Experienced mentor who effectively infuses confidence and team commitment
- Exhibits a record of excellent operational and ethical standards, and team-improvement
- Scientifically diverse and effective communicator
- Possesses greater knowledge of the drug development process and a keener awareness of issues therein
- Demonstrated success in resolving important organizational problems and/or infusing innovation
- Strong track record of developing non-viral delivery technologies for therapeutic applications
Eli Lilly and Company, Lilly USA, LLC and our wholly owned subsidiaries (collectively “Lilly”) are committed to help individuals with disabilities to participate in the workforce and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you require an accommodation to submit a resume for positions at Lilly, please email Lilly Human Resources ( Lilly_Recruiting_Compliance@lists.lilly.com ) for further assistance. Please note This email address is intended for use only to request an accommodation as part of the application process. Any other correspondence will not receive a response.
Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Our employee resource groups (ERGs) offer strong support networks for their members and help our company develop talented individuals for future leadership roles. Our current groups include: Africa, Middle East, Central Asia Network, African American Network, Chinese Culture Network, Early Career Professionals, Japanese International Leadership Network (JILN), Lilly India Network, Organization of Latinos at Lilly, PRIDE (LGBTQ + Allies), Veterans Leadership Network, Women’s Network, Working and Living with Disabilities. Learn more about all of our groups.