At Lilly, we unite caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world. We are a global healthcare leader headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. Our 35,000 employees around the world work to discover and bring life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding and management of disease, and give back to our communities through philanthropy and volunteerism. We give our best effort to our work, and we put people first. We’re looking for people who are determined to make life better for people around the world.
At Lilly, we serve an extraordinary purpose. For more than 140 years, we have worked tirelessly to discover medicines that make life better. These discoveries start in Lilly Research Laboratories, where our scientists work to create new medicines that will help solve our world’s greatest health challenges.
- Be the analytical lead with strong hands-on experience and detailed knowledge of oligonucleotides.
- Design & implement semi-preparative, analytical HPLC, LC-MS/LC-HRMS, CD, and fluorescence spectroscopy and other methods to characterize the oligonucleotides and oligonucleotide conjugates.
- Perform method troubleshooting as well as various data analysis, and operate instruments (Thermo, Shimadzu, Agilent, Waters, ets) associated software. Strong technical problem-solving abilities.
- Operate, maintain & calibrate analytical instruments.
- Be the go-to person for analytical support in the multiple disciplinary environments.
- Ph.D. in Chemistry, Analytical Chemistry, Organic Chemistry, Biochemistry, Biochemical or Chemical engineering or related discipline with 2-5+ years of oligonucleotide experience, preferably in an industrial drug discovery setting.
- Strong knowledge of nucleic acids chemistry, and oligonucleotide analytical techniques.
- Expertise in separation science, including but not limited to RP, HILIC, HIC, IEX, SEC and CE.
- Expertise in mass spectrometry including ESI ionization with a range of mass spectrometer designs (QToF, Orbitrap, QQQ).
- Experience in UV-vis, CD and fluorescence-based assays for oligonucleotide analysis
- Highly self-motivated and self-driven attitude with the ability to own and drive projects into success.
- Strong organizational and communication skills and effective people skills.
- Capable of continuous learning, open-minded, highly organized, and detail oriented.
Eli Lilly and Company, Lilly USA, LLC and our wholly owned subsidiaries (collectively “Lilly”) are committed to help individuals with disabilities to participate in the workforce and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you require an accommodation to submit a resume for positions at Lilly, please email Lilly Human Resources ( Lilly_Recruiting_Compliance@lists.lilly.com ) for further assistance. Please note This email address is intended for use only to request an accommodation as part of the application process. Any other correspondence will not receive a response.
Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Our employee resource groups (ERGs) offer strong support networks for their members and help our company develop talented individuals for future leadership roles. Our current groups include: Africa, Middle East, Central Asia Network, African American Network, Chinese Culture Network, Early Career Professionals, Japanese International Leadership Network (JILN), Lilly India Network, Organization of Latinos at Lilly, PRIDE (LGBTQ + Allies), Veterans Leadership Network, Women’s Network, Working and Living with Disabilities. Learn more about all of our groups.
As a condition of employment with Eli Lilly and Company and its subsidiaries in the United States and Puerto Rico, you must be fully COVID-19 vaccinated and provide proof of vaccination satisfactory to the company (subject to applicable law).