At Lilly, we unite caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world. We are a global healthcare leader headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. Our 35,000 employees around the world work to discover and bring life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding and management of disease, and give back to our communities through philanthropy and volunteerism. We give our best effort to our work, and we put people first. We’re looking for people who are determined to make life better for people around the world.
At Lilly, we serve an extraordinary purpose. We make a difference for people around the globe by discovering, developing and delivering medicines that help them live longer, healthier, more active lives. Not only do we deliver breakthrough medications, but you also can count on us to develop creative solutions to support communities through philanthropy and volunteerism.
The Senior Advisor / Senior Technical Lead, Analytical Development will be responsible for the development and establishment of new methods for characterization of AAV, gene editing and novel gene therapy technologies used in novel targets for neurodegenerative disorders. The Senior Advisor / Lead will manage a group of scientists, interact with other departments and lead on-going and new pipeline project. This person will contribute the overall R&D strategy and planning. The ideal candidate will have a track record of molecular biology, developing assays, ability to coordinate efforts across departments and industry experience.
- Lead and grow a diverse team of scientists and research associates experienced gene therapy.
- Mentor junior team members.
- Design, execute and troubleshoot assay and techniques.
- Establish new technologies and develop me new assays to assess gene therapy products quality
- Author and review documents including development reports, SOPs, assay transfer protocols/reports, CMC sections of regulatory filings (IND, IMPD, etc.), and scientific journal publications
- Provide project leadership to gene therapy and/or gene editing programs
- Advance scientific understanding of gene therapy and gene editing products by applying state-of-the-art analytics research techniques and leading studies that aim to deepen product understanding
- Oversee the establishment of internal NGS capabilities
- PhD with specialization in Biochemistry, Biology, Molecular Biology, or related scientific discipline
- 3+ years of experience, preferably in industry (not including post-doctoral experience)
- 1+ years of experience with analytical development
- Direct industry experience in gene therapy or gene editing technologies
- Hand on experience in NGS
- Experience in Cell Biology, Genetics, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Systems Biology, Immunology, or related field
- Experience in hiring and managing a team
- Demonstrated proficiency and ability to deliver goals
- Experience in timeline management and resource planning
- Understanding of quality control processes
- Hands-on experience with state-of-the-art analytical instruments
- Familiarity with the fundamentals of ICH and other industry guidelines supporting method development, qualification.
- Experience with regulatory submission
- Excellent organizational, documentation, and communication skills; adaptive learning, critical thinking, and the ability to work well in a team
- Position Location: NYC, Prevail Therapeutics a wholly owned subsidiary of Eli Lilly.
- Lilly currently anticipates that the base salary for this position could range from between $120,000 to $189,200 and will depend, in part, on the successful candidate’s qualifications for the role, including education and experience. Full-time equivalent employees also will be eligible for a company bonus (depending, in part, on company and individual performance). In addition, Lilly offers a comprehensive benefit program to eligible employees, including eligibility to participate in a company-sponsored 401(k); pension; vacation benefits; eligibility for medical, dental, vision and prescription drug benefits; flexible benefits (e.g., healthcare and/or dependent day care flexible spending accounts); life insurance and death benefits; certain time off and leave of absence benefits; and well-being benefits (e.g., employee assistance program, fitness benefits, and employee clubs and activities).Of course, the compensation described above is subject to change and could be higher or lower than the range described above. Further, Lilly reserves the right to amend, modify, or terminate its compensation and benefit programs in its sole discretion and Lilly’s compensation practices and guidelines will apply regarding the details of any promotion or transfer of Lilly employees
As a condition of employment with Eli Lilly and Company and its subsidiaries in the United States and Puerto Rico, you must be fully COVID-19 vaccinated and provide proof of vaccination satisfactory to the company. If you would like to request an accommodation for medical or religious reasons, you may do so at email@example.com.
Eli Lilly and Company, Lilly USA, LLC and our wholly owned subsidiaries (collectively “Lilly”) are committed to help individuals with disabilities to participate in the workforce and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you require an accommodation to submit a resume for positions at Lilly, please email Lilly Human Resources ( Lilly_Recruiting_Compliance@lists.lilly.com ) for further assistance. Please note This email address is intended for use only to request an accommodation as part of the application process. Any other correspondence will not receive a response.
Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Our employee resource groups (ERGs) offer strong support networks for their members and help our company develop talented individuals for future leadership roles. Our current groups include: Africa, Middle East, Central Asia Network, African American Network, Chinese Culture Network, Early Career Professionals, Japanese International Leadership Network (JILN), Lilly India Network, Organization of Latinos at Lilly, PRIDE (LGBTQ + Allies), Veterans Leadership Network, Women’s Network, Working and Living with Disabilities. Learn more about all of our groups.
As a condition of employment with Eli Lilly and Company and its subsidiaries in the United States and Puerto Rico, you must be fully COVID-19 vaccinated and provide proof of vaccination satisfactory to the company (subject to applicable law).