The Associate Director of Employee Relations and Employment Practices has responsibility for: • Managing Employee Relations cases, including performance management and workplace conflict resolution, and leading and conducting investigations collaborating closely with business stakeholders including HR Business Partners, Legal and Compliance providing risk assessment, recommendations and solutions to complex workplace situations • Accountable for end-to-end processing of employee relations concerns including creating Issues summaries, pre-investigation plans, writing investigation reports and recording all actions, updates and applicable documents in the ER tracking system. Track and monitor trends and support Employee Relations and Exit Interview metrics and reporting needs. • Under the direction of the Head of ER, provide project management support, communication strategy and execution for assigned Employee Relations initiatives and contribute to the design and administration of proactive programs, training, procedures, process improvement, policy development, and plans intended to address employee relations trends.
- Employee Relations Investigations
Uses business acumen, policy interpretation and risk mitigation to conduct effective investigations and coach/counsel employees and management.Effectively triages potential issues compliance/legal to ensure the appropriate approach is taken.Conducts investigations in response to employee or management complaints of inappropriate conduct/behavior or matters concerning performance and recommends disciplinary actions in accordance with company policy. Works directly with business stakeholder using HRBP as information intake as necessary managing Performance Improvement Plans in accordance with Company Policies.Elevates issues to the Head of Employee Relations for possible program changes and learning development opportunities.Supports employees throughout the issues escalation process and tracks the incident to ensure proper issue closure.Provides coaching to managers and employees on preventing or resolving employee relations issues in a consistent manner.Identifies trends in employee relations and other employment trends and report out to Head of Employee Relations on those trends and provide recommendations for improvements.Effectively and accurately documents and maintains all employee relations data in ER tracking system and other filing mechanisms.Provide guidance and support to team on case management, exit interview process and metrics and ER metrics and reporting.
Project ManagementAbility to project manage ER initiatives or implementation of HR best practices and training.Assist as needed with Policy Administration, HR Compliance and ADA Accommodation Requests.
Qualifications: Successful candidates will be able to meet the qualifications below with or without a reasonable accommodation.
Education Qualifications (from an accredited college or university)
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field required
- Master's Degree preferred
- 7 or More Years of Human Resources experience with 2+ years as an HR Business Partner with a strong practical experience in employee relations or as an Employee Relations partner demonstrating full understanding of the employee relations discipline with experience leading complex investigations and managing a high ER caseload required
- Human Resources pharmaceutical industry experience preferred
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team, including the ability to organize, plan, prioritize, mentor team members and handle multiple assignments and situations simultaneously preferred
- Computer proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite preferred
- Candidate must possess high ethical standards and be experienced in resolving conflicts. Ability to influence without authority; ability to make fair and unbiased assessments of investigations preferred
- Demonstration of excellent verbal, written, and presentation communication skills with strong coaching/counselling and analytical skills preferred
Ability to travel up to 20% Conferences; Business Meetings (both Home Office and Sales) as necessary