We are looking for a Procurement Operations Manager to be responsible for coordinating the day-to-day tasks of a Buyer team, calling out issues for rapid decision making and effectively leading the procurement workflow process for the requisitions of goods and services within all Indirect spend categories. This role will provide daily support to Regeneron employees and suppliers while ensuring adherence to purchasing policies and procedures. The Manager will analyze and recommend operating and transactional process improvements within the Strategic Sourcing and Procurement department and is involved in daily transactional decision making covering all Indirect purchasing categories.
A typical day might include:
This role might be for you if you have:
- Proactively determines objectives/needs of purchase requisitions (PRs) and ensures required documentation is incorporated in the PR, which may include, competitive bid exception (CBE), quotes, approved supplier lists(ASL) waivers if applicable, and work orders (WO).
- Assures Buyer’s creation of accurate PO line-item structure, supplier entity, currency, remittance, and adds contract numbers & notes to guide proper tax exemption and delivery instruction if needed.
- Annually manages the blanket purchase order creation process by analyzing spend at year-end, reviews existing blankets, and works with partners & sourcing team to initiate new blanket purchase orders.
- Directs and applies the use of all payment options(P-cards, Candex, catalogues, etc) to complete an order for an approved PR when appropriate and to minimize vendor setups as appropriate.
- Oversees Buyer’s adherence to contract policy – when a PO requires a contract, the buyer; (i) Checks an active contract exists, (ii) references MSA or SOW/contract number, (iii) creates the PO and forwards workflow approval to the responsible Sourcing team owner when a contract is missing/expired and requires authorization.
- Supports the requisition to invoice process as required. This may include, but not limited to, responding to audit information requests, participating in compliance reviews, and identifying continuous improvement opportunities working collaboratively with the sourcing team.
- Participate in and/or submit at least one, or more continuous improvement ideas per year in the CI Sharepoint under JDI or SLIMMY initiative types.
- Lead the SS&P Center of Excellence Buyers on processes, SOPs, and Systems. Identify continuous improvement initiatives, as needed.
- Provide business process consult, expertise and training within broader SS&P team.
- Monitor and report on departmental metrics and performance. Partner with Procurement Systems to leverage automation in metric collection and reporting framework.
- Support SS&P compliance and audit readiness by ensuring team business processes & records are maintained in for audit readiness as needed (GxP, SOX, etc).
- Provide leadership and guidance to direct reports. Ensures direct reports receive appropriate skill development and growth opportunities.
- Supports and manages ad hoc projects as required.
To be considered for this role you must have a Bachelor’s plus 7+ years of relevant, progressive experience, to preferably include 5 years directly in purchasing transaction management. You must have working knowledge of Sourcing activities and ERPs. (Oracle, SAP, Zycus, iCertis, other). And you must have the ability to use standard business applications for communicating, presenting, and analyzing (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Does this sound like you? Apply now to take your first steps toward living the Regeneron Way! We have an inclusive and diverse culture that provides comprehensive benefits including health and wellness programs, fitness centers and equity awards, annual bonuses, and paid time off for eligible employees at all levels!
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or belief (or lack thereof), sex, nationality, national or ethnic origin, civil status, age, citizenship status, membership of the Traveler community, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, familial status, marital or registered civil partnership status, pregnancy or parental status, gender identity, gender reassignment, military or veteran status, or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application process. Please contact us to discuss any accommodations you think you may need.
The salary ranges provided are shown in accordance with U.S. law and apply to U.S. based positions, where the hired candidate will be located in the U.S. If you are outside the U.S, please speak with your recruiter about salaries and benefits in your location.
Salary Range (annually)
$108,200.00 - $176,600.00