GRAIL is a healthcare company whose mission is to detect cancer early, when it can be cured. GRAIL is focused on alleviating the global burden of cancer by developing pioneering technology to detect and identify multiple deadly cancer types early. The company is using the power of next-generation sequencing, population-scale clinical studies, and state-of-the-art computer science and data science to enhance the scientific understanding of cancer biology, and to develop its multi-cancer early detection blood test. GRAIL is headquartered in Menlo Park, CA with locations in Washington, D.C., North Carolina, and the United Kingdom. GRAIL, LLC is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Illumina, Inc. (NASDAQ:ILMN). For more information, please visit www.grail.com
GRAIL is looking for a full-time Senior Software Engineer in Test whose technical strengths focus on testing automation of application integrations using a middleware platform and API integration. In this role, you will be involved in writing end-to-end test scenarios, developing and debugging test automation scripts, executing, and then integrating those tests in the platform for ongoing automated regression testing.
This is a hybrid position In Menlo Park, CA as GRAIL is in the office on Tuesday and Thursday. Responsibilities:
Your background should include:
- Update and manage CI/CD pipeline for regression/release testing. Create tooling for the automatic execution of test scripts. Integrate test scripts into the MuleSoft release cycle with GitLab
- Conduct Manual Testing of User-facing Applications where necessary. Login to an application and verify data accuracy for a given test. Capture test artifacts (e.g. screenshots, execution flow, and outputs) in JIRA for test tracking and auditability.
- Collaborate with the Application Engineering team on a sprint release cadence. Synchronize test development with underlying capability development on a regular two-week sprint cadence. Collaborate with the dev team on test framework selection for a given integration.
- 3+ years of software testing experience:
- Good understanding/exposure to overall API-Management concepts & fundamentals. Experience in developing RAML-based RESTful API and Grpc.
- Good understanding of data structures and database queries.
- Experience using Mule connectors including HTTP, Salesforce, DB, and File/FTP.
- Good understanding of enterprise integration patterns.
- A solid understanding of web application testing and UI automation with WDIO.
- Experience with middleware testing, preferably MuleSoft.
- Functional knowledge of enterprise ERP/CRM/HRIS application concepts is a plus.
- Success working in an agile environment.
- Team player with a supportive attitude to working in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent written and verbal listening and communication skills.
The estimated, full-time, annual base pay scale for this position is $124,000 - $186,000. Actual base pay will consider skills, experience, and location.
Based on the role, colleagues may be eligible to participate in an annual bonus plan tied to company and individual performance, or an incentive plan. We also offer a long-term incentive plan to align company and colleague success over time.
In addition, GRAIL offers a progressive benefit package, including flexible time-off, a 401k with a company match, and alongside our medical, dental, vision plans, carefully selected mindfulness offerings.
GRAIL is an Equal Employment Office and Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status. We will reasonably accommodate all individuals with disabilities so that they can participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us
to request accommodation. GRAIL maintains a drug-free workplace.
Following extensive monitoring, consideration of business implications, and advice from internal and external experts, GRAIL US has made the decision to require that all U.S. employees be “Fully Vaccinated” with the COVID-19 vaccine. “Fully Vaccinated” is defined as two weeks after both doses of a two-dose vaccine (e.g. Pfizer or Moderna) or two weeks since a single-dose vaccine (e.g. Johnson & Johnson) has been administered. Absent a qualifying exemption, all GRAIL US employees are to comply with this requirement, including providing documentation of such vaccination status, as a condition of employment. Anyone unable to be vaccinated, either because of a sincerely held religious belief or a medical condition or disability that prevents them from being vaccinated, can request a reasonable accommodation for consideration by GRAIL.