At Lilly, we unite caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world. We are a global healthcare leader headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. Our 35,000 employees around the world work to discover and bring life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding and management of disease, and give back to our communities through philanthropy and volunteerism. We give our best effort to our work, and we put people first. We’re looking for people who are determined to make life better for people around the world.
The Eli Lilly Biotechnology & Immunology research group focuses on discovering innovative biotherapeutic medicines treating autoimmune diseases and related complications.
Are you a highly motivated and dedicated scientist with knowledge of cellular and molecular immunology, who also shares our passion to help patients live with higher quality of life? Apply today and join the Lilly team!
The successful biologist will report to a PhD senior scientist in the group located at Lilly in San Diego, CA. You will work in a highly team-oriented and collaborative setting. Working independently to design, develop and validate immunology cell-based functional assays with the goal to deliver preclinical data to support novel therapeutics for future clinical testing will be expected. As a biologist, you will also investigate the mechanism of action of biological and small molecule therapeutics.
- Develop immune functional cell-based assays using extensive immunology research- related technologies (e.g. primary human and mouse lymphocytes, cytokine assays, multi-color flow cytometry)
- Screen and analyze data for protein or small molecule drugs in cell-based assays
- Investigate cellular signal transduction, develop cellular activity assays, cytokine/receptor signaling (western, qPCR, intracellular staining, phospho flow cytometry, confocal/image related techniques)
- Evaluate gene siRNA mediated gene knockdown in cell lines and primary human cells using qPCR and flow cytometry
- Isolate, purify and culture human and mouse lymphocytes for in vitro assays
- Independently design and implement experiments, troubleshoot, analyze, interpret and present experimental data
- Adhere to good research practices, and laboratory e-notebook maintenance
- B.S. in biology, molecular and cellular immunology or a related biological area with 1-3 years of work experience in an academic institute or pharmaceutical industry
- Or M.S. in biology, molecular and cellular immunology or a related biological area with 0-2 years of work experience in an academic institute or pharmaceutical industry
- Research experience in immunology and molecular biology. Previous experience in purification and handling primary human and mouse lymphocytes
- Basic understanding of and previous experience with multi-color flow cytometry
Eli Lilly and Company, Lilly USA, LLC and our wholly owned subsidiaries (collectively “Lilly”) are committed to help individuals with disabilities to participate in the workforce and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you require an accommodation to submit a resume for positions at Lilly, please email Lilly Human Resources ( Lilly_Recruiting_Compliance@lists.lilly.com ) for further assistance. Please note This email address is intended for use only to request an accommodation as part of the application process. Any other correspondence will not receive a response.
Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Our employee resource groups (ERGs) offer strong support networks for their members and help our company develop talented individuals for future leadership roles. Our current groups include: Africa, Middle East, Central Asia Network, African American Network, Chinese Culture Network, Early Career Professionals, Japanese International Leadership Network (JILN), Lilly India Network, Organization of Latinos at Lilly, PRIDE (LGBTQ + Allies), Veterans Leadership Network, Women’s Network, Working and Living with Disabilities. Learn more about all of our groups.