Join a Legacy of Innovation 110 Years and Counting!
Daiichi Sankyo Group is dedicated to the creation and supply of innovative pharmaceutical therapies to improve standards of care and address diversified, unmet medical needs of people globally by leveraging our world-class science and technology. With more than 100 years of scientific expertise and a presence in more than 20 countries, Daiichi Sankyo and its 15,000 employees around the world draw upon a rich legacy of innovation and a robust pipeline of promising new medicines to help people. Under the Group’s 2025 Vision to become a “Global Pharma Innovator with Competitive Advantage in Oncology,” Daiichi Sankyo is primarily focused on providing novel therapies in oncology, as well as other research areas centered around rare diseases and immune disorders.
Strategic partner and thought leader regarding both strategic and operational aspects of the global mobility program. Accountable for designing and ensuring the flawless execution of the global mobility program for DSI internal talent in partnership with regional and global HR teams and business leaders, ensuring that the program fully supports Daiichi Sankyo's talent acquisition and talent management initiatives. Has dotted line accountability for the Global Mobility Specialists within workplace solutions.
- Understands the DSI People Strategy and key elements of the DSJ and DSE regional people strategies. Accountable for ensuring global mobility strategy and programs are supportive of the DS Group Objectives and global workforce needs.
- Sponsors and leads the annual global mobility process and global assignments that occur due to business needs across the enterprise to ensure short-, medium- and long-term talent for building a global workforce are being identified and action plans created
- Serves as the regional (DSI) leader representing the global mobility program to ensure frameworks are in place to support international and domestic assignments; one-way (domestic and international) relocations; and immigration across regions
- Develops, implements and refines global mobility strategy, practices and processes to ensure successful short term, ex-patriate and permanent transfers into and out of DSI
- Integrates global mobility strategy and practices into talent management processes and works with others in HR to implement them into Rewards and Talent Acquisition programs as appropriate
- Develops and implements best practices for successful assignments including but not limited to; clearly defining the purpose of an assignment, building the assignment profile which outlines the accountabilities of the assignee and the investment in their development , ensuring host and home managers are fully briefed and actively manage the assignment, ensuring global mobility support is provided to ensure a smooth and successful assignment and defining the role/experience the assignee will return to in their home country at the end of the assignment
- Works with Global Mobility Leads, HRBPs and CoEs globally to define DS global mobility needs and partners to ensure those needs are met collaboratively
- Bring mobility related expertise, in partnership with regional HR partners and other stakeholders, to educate on mobility program and market best practices
- Proactively works with both host and home managers to support appropriate opportunities for mobility assignments, and ensures alignment with incumbent talent’s development needs/plan
- Identifies and leads external partners to effectively support all aspects of the global mobility program
- Ensures that global mobility programs are managed cost effectively and are aligned with competitive benchmarks
- Ensures DSI HR technology strategy includes appropriate global mobility support elements within the overall budget limitations
- Has dotted line accountability for global mobility specialists in Solution Delivery to ensure a cohesive and engaged team
- Ensures learning and best practices from global assignments are captured and the global mobility strategy and operations are continually evolved
- Conducts reviews to understand the experience of mobile talent and adjusts mobility program as needed
- Develops reporting framework for efficient tracking and monitoring of appropriate mobility program data (i.e. active assignment logistics; mobile talent development plans; next role planning, etc.)
Qualifications: Successful candidates will be able to meet the qualifications below with or without a reasonable accommodation.
Education Qualifications (from an accredited college or university)
- Bachelor's Degree Preferably in Human Resources required
- Master's Degree preferred
- 10 or More Years of global mobility, talent or other relevant HR experience required
- Must have management or supervisory position
- Must have ability to translate business strategy and operational plans into actionable global mobility strategy and plans
- Expertise in global mobility and talent practices with a track record of ensuring successful assignments to build a global workforce
- Ability to make data-driven and strategic decisions preferred Ability to work at both strategic and operational levels
- Implementing and/or utilizing talent management & global mobility technology
- Collaborating with global colleagues and working effectively across cultures
- Customer service mindset coupled with the ability to make decisions in the best interests of the company & assignees
- Ability to translate the technical nature of mobility work (immigrations; taxation; compensation, etc.) for clear stakeholder understanding preferred Licenses and Certifications
- Global Mobility Specialist or Certified Relocation Professional certifications desired, but not required
Ability to travel up to 10% Conferences and Business meetings as necessary
Daiichi Sankyo, Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.