At Lilly, we unite caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world. We are a global healthcare leader headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. Our 35,000 employees around the world work to discover and bring life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding and management of disease, and give back to our communities through philanthropy and volunteerism. We give our best effort to our work, and we put people first. We’re looking for people who are determined to make life better for people around the world.
At Lilly, we unite caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world. We are a global healthcare leader headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. Our 39,000 employees around the world work to discover and bring life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding and management of disease, and give back to our communities through philanthropy and volunteerism. We give our best effort to our work, and we put people first. We’re looking for people who are determined to make life better for people around the world.
Lilly is passionate about the discovery, development and commercialization of potential new medicines that will impact and improve the lives of patients. Our Lilly Genetic Medicine (LGM) team is an innovation-focused group working to identify, develop and apply cutting-edge technologies to deliver maximum benefit to our patients. Our agile and diverse team strives to operate as an autonomous ‘biotech-like’ company within the walls of Lilly.
We are looking for a highly motivated and experienced candidate for the role to lead our early development work with non-viral nanomedicines (e.g., LNPs, PLVs). The candidate will have experience in developing processes to enable pre-CMC work of non-viral nanocarriers including scale-up, process development, tech transfer to CMC, etc. In addition, the candidate will have extensive experience in non-viral nanocarrier formulation, basic analytics, designing in-process analytics, small-scale formulation process, large-scale formulation process and managing cross-collaborative projects.
Do you have an aptitude for innovative approaches focused on identifying impactful therapies for the patient? We want you on our team!
- Develop and harmonize scaled-up processes to enable single run of non-viral nanocarriers for RNA batch size of 10mg and beyond.
- Willingness to perform a Short Term Assignment (STA) with Biopharmaceutical Research and Development (BRD) group to ensure that research and development formulation groups and aligned.
- Work as a team member in development to build platforms that can provide material and information for tox studies,
- Work as a team member in development working on CMC deliverable for various portfolio assets
- Willingness to travel to Indy to set-up labs and collaborate within Lilly.
- Lead protocol development of the new processes, batch record template set-up, set-up batch record management system, raw material inventory, etc.
- Oversee in-process and final analytics and be a liaison between research and development for entire analytical panel development.
- Expertise in process development of novel drug substance and drug product is essential.
- Mentor new team members to the newly developed processes and protocols.
- M.S. and 10-15+ years or PhD 7-10+ years in Pharmaceutical Sciences, Process Sciences, Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, or other relevant scientific discipline.
- A minimum of 6 years of industry experience genetic nanomedicine working with nanocarrier formulation and delivery.
- Prior experience in non-viral delivery systems – formulation, process and analytics is essential.
- Strong understanding of RNA delivery systems is essential.
- A strong team player with excellent oral and written communication skills and a demonstrated ability to work independently as well as within a team.
Eli Lilly and Company, Lilly USA, LLC and our wholly owned subsidiaries (collectively “Lilly”) are committed to help individuals with disabilities to participate in the workforce and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you require an accommodation to submit a resume for positions at Lilly, please email Lilly Human Resources ( Lilly_Recruiting_Compliance@lists.lilly.com ) for further assistance. Please note This email address is intended for use only to request an accommodation as part of the application process. Any other correspondence will not receive a response.
Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Our employee resource groups (ERGs) offer strong support networks for their members and help our company develop talented individuals for future leadership roles. Our current groups include: Africa, Middle East, Central Asia Network, African American Network, Chinese Culture Network, Early Career Professionals, Japanese International Leadership Network (JILN), Lilly India Network, Organization of Latinos at Lilly, PRIDE (LGBTQ + Allies), Veterans Leadership Network, Women’s Network, Working and Living with Disabilities. Learn more about all of our groups.