Senior Research Associate I Protein Therapeutics
United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gilead’s therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the company’s five core values. That’s because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossibleFor Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site
to apply for this job.
At Gilead, we strive to transform the promise of science and technology into therapies that have the power to cure, prevent or treat disease.
As a research-based biopharmaceutical company, we are revolutionizing healthcare by bringing medicines to patients in the areas of HIV, AIDS, liver diseases, hematology and oncology, and inflammation and respiratory diseases.
We are growing a diverse team of professionals and an atmosphere of inclusion across departments.
We need your unique talents, expertise and background to help millions of people around the world live healthier.
Join a close community where every voice is heard - where you can see and measure the results of your contributions.Job Description
We are seeking a highly motivated and creative scientist with experience in single B-cell antibody discovery to join the Biologics Discovery group within the Protein Therapeutics Department.
The successful candidate will contribute to antibody discovery efforts as part of a cross-functional team specializing in the discovery and screening of novel biologic modalities in support of all therapeutic areas at Gilead.Job Responsibilities:
- Support antibody discovery and lead identification efforts through sequencing and expression of antibody from enriched single B-cells
- Perform routine molecular biology techniques such as RNA isolation, RT, PCR and molecular cloning
- Independently design, analyze and interpret experiments for the discovery and characterization of the isolated antibodies
- Interact and collaborate with Protein Therapeutics and Data Science colleagues to support NGS-based antibody discovery and optimization efforts
- Present scientific results in multiple settings and attend project team meetings
- Deliver scientific results for publications, patents and regulatory submissions
- Maintain familiarity with relevant scientific literature
B.S./M.S. in related discipline, with at least 2 years of relevant experience in an industry or academic lab, preferably in antibody discovery.
Job title is flexible based on experience. An ideal candidate will have experience in most of the following areas:
- Strong expertise in molecular biology is required with hands-on experience in antibody sequencing and cloning
- Experience in single-cell FACS sorting is highly desired, working knowledge in other single-cell technologies a plus (CellCelector, Berkeley Lights)
- Experience with biochemical assays and quantitative analysis of protein-protein binding interactions (e.g. FACS, ELISA, Octet, etc.)
- Experience in other antibody discovery platforms such as hybridoma and display (yeast, phage, mammalian) is highly desired
- Experience with animal handling is a plus
- Highly organized and capable to track multiple complex workflows
- Strong written and oral communication skills, with an ability to work in a dynamic, collaborative, and evolving environment
The salary range for this position is: $96,985.00 - $125,510.00. Gilead considers a variety of factors when determining base compensation, including experience, qualifications, and geographic location. These considerations mean actual compensation will vary. This position may also be eligible for a discretionary annual bonus, discretionary stock-based long-term incentives (eligibility may vary based on role), paid time off, and a benefits package. Benefits include company-sponsored medical, dental, vision, and life insurance plans*.
For additional benefits information, visit: https://www.gilead.com/careers/compensation-benefits-and-wellbeing
* Eligible employees may participate in benefit plans, subject to the terms and conditions of the applicable plans.
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the 'Know Your Rights'
poster.NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACTYOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACTPAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site
to apply for this job.