Why join Freenome?
Freenome is a high-growth biotech company developing tests to detect cancer using a standard blood draw. To do this, Freenome uses a multiomics platform that combines tumor and non-tumor signals with machine learning to find cancer in its earliest, most-treatable stages.
Cancer is relentless. This is why Freenome is building the clinical, economic, and operational evidence to drive cancer screening and save lives. Our first screening test is for colorectal cancer (CRC) and advanced adenomas, and it’s just the beginning.
Founded in 2014, Freenome has ~500 employees and more than $1.1B in funding from key investors, such as the American Cancer Society, Andreessen Horowitz, Anthem Blue Cross, Bain Capital, Colorectal Cancer Alliance, DCVC, Fidelity, Google Ventures, Kaiser Permanente, Novartis, Perceptive Advisors, RA Capital, Roche, Sands Capital, T. Rowe Price, and Verily.
At Freenome, we aim to impact patients by empowering everyone to prevent, detect, and treat their disease. This, together with our high-performing culture of respect and cross-collaboration, is what motivates us to make every day count.
Become a Freenomer
Do you have what it takes to be a Freenomer? A “Freenomer” is a determined, mission-driven, results-oriented employee fueled by the opportunity to change the landscape of cancer and make a positive impact on patients’ lives. Freenomers bring their diverse experience, expertise, and personal perspective to solve problems and push to achieve what’s possible, one breakthrough at a time.
About this opportunity:
At Freenome, we are seeking a Senior Payroll Analyst to help grow the Freenome Payroll team. This position is responsible for preparing payroll for exempt and nonexempt employees in multiple states while ensuring compliance. The ideal candidate has strong analytical skills, experience processing US payroll, and the ability to work collaboratively with all stakeholders. As an integral member of the Payroll team, this position will have a significant impact on the continued growth of a high-profile technology organization that is changing the landscape on early cancer detection.
The role reports to the Senior Manager of Payroll.
What you’ll do:
- Process US payroll for exempt and nonexempt employees across several states
- Ensure all nonexempt employee timesheets are approved on time before creating the pay data batch for payroll processing
- Provide regular training on nonexempt time card management and meal periods to nonexempt employees and managers
- Primary contact for all payroll compliance matters, such as multi-state/multi-jurisdiction tax withholding, garnishments, and key annual audits
- Create payroll documentation, SOPs, and checklists and participate in quarterly audits
- Recognize opportunities, recommend scalable processes, and take ownership of ad hoc projects to enhance operational payroll efficiency while maintaining accuracy
- Primary contact for all payroll-related matters, including promptly addressing inquiries, concerns, and requests with an emphasis on providing an engaging employee experience
- Partner with cross-functional teams, including the People team, to ensure seamless and timely integration of information for payroll processing
- Perform reconciliation and analysis for all payroll and stock activities
- Assist in implementing, writing, and maintaining standard operating procedures
- Provide Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP) support with equity administration and responding to inquiries from employees and vendors, training, and communication on the ESPP program
- At least 7 years of experience processing payroll, preferably in a fast-paced environment (Paylocity experience preferred)
- Experience with multi-state payroll larger than 500+ employees for both exempt and nonexempt employees
- Detailed knowledge of payroll compliance and working knowledge of state/federal employment laws/regulations
- Stock administration experience a plus and systems (Shareworks)
- Proficiency in Excel and ability to learn new systems quickly
- Experience with SOX compliance and procedures
- Strong attention to detail, excellent organizational skills, and an ability to prioritize effectively to deliver results within reasonably established timelines
- Ability to communicate (verbal and written) up and down the organization with individuals and department leads
Nice to haves:
- BS/BA degree required, preferably in Accounting or Finance
Benefits and additional information:
The US target range of our base salary for new hires is $106,000 - $165,000. You will also be eligible to receive pre-IPO equity, cash bonuses, and a full range of medical, financial, and other benefits depending on the position offered. Please note that individual total compensation for this position will be determined at the Company’s sole discretion and may vary based on several factors, including but not limited to, location, skill level, years and depth of relevant experience, and education. We invite you to check out our career page @ https://careers.freenome.com/ for additional company information.
Freenome is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer, and we value diversity. Freenome does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws.