This role will plan and execute compliance monitoring, including compliance evidence review. With a mastery of AbbVie’s IT Policy controls, this role will leverage demonstrated Compliance experience to interpret policy requirements, evaluate evidence, and provide feedback to application teams to increase demonstrated compliance. The Operations & Enterprise Systems (OES) role is instrumental to ensuring compliance with Business Technology Solutions (BTS) policies, procedures, and processes. This position will also support and work directly with OES system and control owners to ensure internal controls are designed and operating effectively, and control execution evidence is sufficiently retained to for internal and external audits. In addition, this role will foster relationships with policy owners and across OES, driving continuous improvement and reducing the time needed to remediate non-compliance with policies.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Operational Responsibilities: Drive execution of demonstrated compliance with AbbVie policies, across all OES systems.
- Define requirements, test plans, and expected results for IT policy control monitoring, to ensure OES applications demonstrate compliance with AbbVie policies.
- Execute IT policy control monitoring to ensure OES systems are audit-ready. Use a risk-based approach for control monitoring and prioritize systems to be assessed.
- Socialize activities with teams, leveraging strong partnerships and communication skills to minimize organizational impact.
- Partner with application teams to ensure control monitoring engagements are executed within scope, potential policy non-compliances are properly vetted, and agreed-upon recommendations are fully implemented to agreed timelines.
- Utilizing AbbVie tools, develop, implement, and regularly share control monitoring status with OES Compliance leadership.
- Foster Continuous Improvement culture and utilize data to drive improvements and mature capabilities.
- Effectively guide stakeholders in navigating AbbVie requirements; utilize influence skills to demonstrate importance of Compliance to AbbVie controls.
- Through established partnerships, serve as a trusted advisor to stakeholders on risk, control, and compliance matters.
- Perform work using standard methodologies and a risk-based approach; bring external perspectives to OES Compliance.
- Bachelor's degree with 6 years of IT compliance experience; master's degree with 5 years of IT compliance
- Excellent analytical, planning, influencing and communication skills
- Intuitive, proactive, and demonstrated problem-solving and continuous improvement skills
- Ability to use project management principles and techniques to effectively plan and manage remediations
- Ability to work in a diverse, global team environment and across different levels of management
- Experience with OneTrust GRC is preferred
- Experience with IT Compliance for Pharma systems is preferred
AbbVie is an equal opportunity employer including disability/vets. It is AbbVie’s policy to employ qualified persons of the greatest ability without discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, status as a disabled veteran, recently separated veteran, Armed Forces service medal veteran or active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran or a person’s relationship or association with a protected veteran, including spouses and other family members, or any other protected group status. We will take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified minorities, women, individuals with a disability, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans or active-duty wartime or campaign badge veterans. The Affirmative Action Plan is available for viewing in the Human Resources office during regular business hours.