Technical expert that will independently identify, engineer, and optimize new data, software, or technology solutions that address critical business needs. Continuously seek to improve existing methods and processes. Read and adapt literature and publically available information to accomplish assignments. Demonstrate proficiency in a broad range of techniques and methods for information technology engineering, including software development, data warehousing, statistics, machine learning, and/or technology infrastructure (including servers, storage, network connectivity, and virtualization/cloud environments). Technology Engineers will be aligned to a specific area: Information, Software, Data, or Infrastructure.
- Utilize your experience engineering and delivering AWS hosted APIs and solutions
- Participate in the design of APIs for eCommerce, Business-to-Business, and DevOps automation using native AWS technologies.
- Create REST/OpenAPI, XML, JSON, SOAP, GraphQL, and Streaming designs solutions on AWS.
- Employ your hands-on experience developing solutions with TypeScript, Java, Go, C/C++, C#, or other languages to drive adoption of AWS across development teams.
- Bachelors degree in relevant field and at least 5 years relevant experience OR Masters degree in relevant field and at least 4 years experience.
- Understand the broad objectives of the project as well as his/her role in achieving those objectives, and modify approach when required. Escalates open issues to ensure execution success and keeps stakeholders informed through effective verbal and written communication.
- Learn, understand and master new methods and technologies, and act as a resource or mentor for others.
- Effectively organize and present project objectives and progress. Contribute to technical publications and presentations.
- Obtain estimates/quotes from vendors and provide as input into overall project time and cost estimates.
- Maintains relationships with affiliates, subsidiaries, and vendors in accordance with Abbvie Values, Vendor Management Office, and Purchasing to further the mission, vision and goals of the organization.
- Produces and maintains required technical documentation associated with work product.
- Understand and adhere to corporate standards regarding applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies, including code of conduct, safety, GxP compliance, data security, and the software development lifecycle.
AbbVie is an equal opportunity employer including disability/vets. It is AbbVie’s policy to employ qualified persons of the greatest ability without discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, status as a disabled veteran, recently separated veteran, Armed Forces service medal veteran or active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran or a person’s relationship or association with a protected veteran, including spouses and other family members, or any other protected group status. We will take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified minorities, women, individuals with a disability, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans or active-duty wartime or campaign badge veterans. The Affirmative Action Plan is available for viewing in the Human Resources office during regular business hours.