We are seeking a highly skilled and motivated immunologist to support Nurix’s mission of targeting E3 ubiquitin ligases in the areas of oncology and immunology. This individual will work closely with our drug discovery project scientists on lead optimization of novel compounds to evaluate the impact on immune cells and characterize their MOA. The candidate must be self-driven, organized, able to work well with other scientists, and able to thrive in an exciting environment in a rapidly-growing company.
- PhD. in immunology, inflammation, cancer biology or related field (or Bachelor’s/Master’s degree with >8-10 years industry experience)
- Research experience in the field of immunology with a focus on immune cells and tumor biology
- Expertise in functional assays measuring cellular activation, cytokine release, proliferation, and killing
- Hands on experience in development, optimization and execution of high-dimensional flow cytometry to phenotypically characterize immune cells including both surface and intracellular staining, primary human and mouse cell isolation, ELISA, Western and multiplexing technologies
- Experience with genetic validation in primary cells or model systems utilizing molecular techniques including shRNA/CRISPR knockdown to support target validation and mechanism of action studies for drug candidates
- Background in ubiquitin biology with past experience is a plus
- Develop novel ideas/technologies, eager to learn, innovate.
- Propose and implement resolutions to technical problems/issues.
- Work with departmental and/or cross functional peers to execute on assignments
Fit with Nurix Culture and Values
Strong team orientation; highly collaborative; solutions and results-oriented focus
Strong scientific curiosity and initiative; hands-on and resourceful
Self-driven and enthusiastic with the ability to thrive in a dynamic environment
Nurix, Inc. is a science-minded, goal-oriented organization that is focused on bringing novel, first-in-class therapies to patients. Nurix is a leader in discovering a new class of drugs that work by modulating the protein degradation machinery of the cell. The Nurix scientific team has established an innovative drug discovery platform based on recent advances in understanding of the ubiquitin proteasome system (UPS). The UPS is a regulatory network that controls protein stabilization and degradation, a function vital to the healthy life of a cell, uncovering therapeutic opportunities in multiple disease areas.
Nurix’s Protein Regulation Platform enables the discovery of selective inhibitors or activators of the UPS, enabling the discovery of new class of drugs that can restore normal cellular homeostasis. Nurix entered into an exclusive collaboration with Sanofi and Gilead for the discovery and development of next-generation therapies targeting protein homeostasis in oncology, immunology and inflammation, including the rapidly evolving field of immuno-oncology.