Werewolf Therapeutics is an exciting, public biotherapeutics company located in the heart of the newly developed Boston/Watertown biotech hub, focusing on developing novel biologic agents targeting immune regulatory pathways for cancer treatment.
You will work with a cross-functional group who share a passion for providing our stakeholders with accurate, timely, and insightful financial information! This role is about finding innovative solutions to complicated industry and business challenges, whether it's driving efficiencies in our financial reporting close process, supporting complex transactions, or adapting and effectively scaling for growth.
You will help Werewolf by:
- Driving and ensuring timely reporting of our financial results and related variance analysis to senior management and the Audit Committee
- Helping to build efficiencies in our financial close and reporting process while maintaining a robust regulatory control environment and US GAAP compliant
- Working collaboratively with key stakeholders to drive cross-functional initiatives and advise on accounting implications
- Successfully managing and motivating team members to support a quality financial close process and continuously improve our key business processes
- Prepare SEC filings including Form 10-K, Form 10-Q, and Form 8-K, as applicable
- Research new technical accounting standards and non-routine transactions to determine and document appropriate accounting treatment
- Partner with cross-functional Finance and Business leaders to model accruals, forecast future expenses, support the annual budgeting and quarterly re-forecasting process
- Support the Corporate Controller with the enhancement of and adherence to Sarbanes-Oxley internal control policies and procedures, including management's assessment of internal controls
- Guide and mentor our Senior Accountant with transactional accounting activities, including payroll, stock plan administration, and accounts payable processing as needed
- Other duties and ad hoc projects may be required
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting
Experience and Requirements:
- 5+ years of experience, including 3 years in public accounting. Biotechnology industry experience strongly preferred
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP, Sarbanes-Oxley, and other statutory requirements
- Experience within the Big 4 Accounting firms, preferred
- Demonstrated ability to partner with cross-functional Finance and Business leaders to drive change, build efficiencies and support scaling
- Experience managing a high-performing accounting team of a publicly traded company, nice to have
- Familiarity with financial systems including NetSuite, Coupa, and Microsoft suite of products
Certificates & Licenses:
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) strongly preferred
- Comfort challenging the status quo and managing through uncertainty while promoting a collaborative, results-oriented environment
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT
- Work is normally performed in a typical office environment
- None or very limited physical effort required
- Work environment involves some exposure to hazards or physical risk, which require following basic safety precautions.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.