Do you want to find solutions to public health challenges in a Biotech Research environment? CSL Vaccine Research has an exciting opportunity to join the growing team at our Vaccine Research and Development center in the Waltham MA. With expertise in influenza science, our team improve and extend our vaccine portfolio with disruptive technologies like next-generation mRNA. We operate as one integrated global research and development organization, drawing together expert staff from different countries to collaborate with us. Together, we're working to protect communities from seasonal influenza and global pandemic threats.
In this exciting and evolving business, the Head of RNA Vaccine Process and Chemistry will take the leading role of sa-mRNA vaccine research. You will lead the RNA Vaccine Process and Chemistry team and guide the innovation on RNA vaccine process and LNP chemistry. You will report to Head of Discovery Research and Research Strategy and serve in the Research Leadership Team and teams to provide scientific input on company projects and collaborate with external collaborators.
Manage and grow the RNA Vaccine Process and Chemistry Function
- Provide the team with scientific guidance on sa-mRNA and LNP production and process improvement
- Provide the team with scientific guidance on innovation of LNP chemistry and alternative mRNA encapsulation
- Oversee function daily activities and assure operation efficient within a timeline and budget and compliant with policies
- Coordinate the collaboration within Research and with other departments beyond Research
- Support career development and manage goals and performance reviews of team members
Develop scientific strategy for RNA Vaccine Process and Chemistry
- Develop and present scientific strategy for RNA Vaccine Process and Chemistry to upper management forums for approval
- Contribute to the progress of Research projects through RNA vaccine production
- Contribute to Research mRNA platform improvement through innovation of RNA process and lipid chemistry
- Create and support generation of IP
Evaluate external opportunities and design experimental plan to demonstrate value
- Identify opportunities by being an active member of the external scientific community
- Review opportunities as provided to Research by other functions or external groups
- Develop external partnerships through academic and industrial networks
Your skills and experience
- PhD in Chemistry, Chemistry Engineering or related fields is required. Postdoc training in lipid chemistry is advantageous
- 10+ years of in-depth knowledge, experience and a track record in lipid nanoparticle for mRNA delivery is required
- Experience to support cohesive short- and long-term R&D strategies to support the future growth of the company.
- Leadership experience to develop talent and achieve results through teamwork with streamlined execution and innovation in a matrix team environment.
- Communication skills to develop constructive and effective relationships with management, team members and customers.
- Demonstrated ability to negotiate effectively, and ability to identify and engage internal and external expertise Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, 401K, and PTO available from your first day of hire.
Seqirus is committed to attracting and retaining world-class employees who are valued for their contributions to achieving business objectives. Learn more about some of the benefits you can participate in when you join Seqirus.
Seqirus is part of CSL Limited (ASX: CSL). As one of the largest influenza vaccine providers in the world, Seqirus is a major contributor to the prevention of influenza globally and a transcontinental partner in pandemic preparedness. Learn more about Seqirus.
We want Seqirus to reflect the world around us
As a global organisation with employees in 35+ countries, CSL embraces diversity, equity and inclusion. Learn more about Diversity, Equity & Inclusion at Seqirus.
Do work that matters at Seqirus!