Global Marketing and Commercial Operations (GMCO) represents a critical global hub for driving our commercial growth strategies and transformation. GMCO’s work sits at a unique intersection where we play a strategic role in AbbVie’s pipeline commercialization and asset strategies, and partner with Affiliates globally in co-creating Global Brand plans, driving unwavering execution, and delivering ambitious Commercial transformation through FutureFit Now.
Global Specialty Care represents a critical therapeutic area within GMCO that includes a diverse portfolio of assets such as HCV, Neuroscience, Neurotoxins, Eye Care & Established Brands.
With an increasing number of launches and strategic initiatives underway, the need to upgrade how we manage our work with more efficiency, alignment, and speed is paramount. To continue our growth trajectory, we are searching for a qualified Associate Director, Strategic Projects, to work closely with our executive team. This role will have an immediate impact on our productivity, streamlining strategic initiatives, overseeing projects, and communicating objectives between groups.
Reporting to VP, Global Specialty, this position will assist with planning and directing operational activities to ensure the vision and objectives of the Global Specialty Care organization are achieved. This position will organize and prioritize critical issues, required information, and oversight to projects of high importance. Additionally, this role will partner closely with the VP, Global Specialty and his Leadership Team as needed to provide operational and strategic support and optimize how we deliver to our strategic priorities, initiatives, and related processes.
- Ensures operational excellence across the Global Specialty Care organization.
- Assist VP, Global Specialty, and LT to determine and prioritize business strategies and key projects, initiatives, and related processes.
- Oversee the collection, synthesis, and communication of relevant information that informs Global Specialty Care strategies.
- Plan, coordinate and keep contents to ensure focused meeting cadences and outcomes.
- Maximizes opportunities to highlight best practices and shared learnings across Global Specialty and cross-functional partners to reduce duplication of efforts.
- Ensures processes are in place to support integrated planning, operations, and process execution.
- Supports or represents Global Specialty on strategic initiatives that have a significant impact to the organization.
- Develops and maintains business relationships across functional areas across AbbVie to implement frameworks that ensure Global Specialty Care expertise, capabilities, and resources are leveraged appropriately across the different portfolio of work.
- Develops and delivers executive level presentations covering strategic initiatives, organizational updates, and other critical information
- VP Global Specialty
- Global Specialty General Managers & Global Brand Team Leads
- Director, Strategic Operations, Specialty
- Bachelor's degree required, advanced degree in business related field preferred. Certification in project management and/or Lean Six Sigma preferred.
- At least 3 years industry experience in the biotechnology, pharmaceutical, or other healthcare related field.
- Experience leading broad organizational initiatives and working with cross-functional teams.
- Project management experience on global projects.
- Advanced interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Strong communication, conflict resolution, and leadership skills.
- Ability to effectively present ideas and document complex processes in both written and oral communication.
- Proven track record of anticipating and resolving problems while exhibiting judgement and a balanced, realistic understanding of issues
AbbVie is an equal opportunity employer including disability/vets. It is AbbVie’s policy to employ qualified persons of the greatest ability without discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, status as a disabled veteran, recently separated veteran, Armed Forces service medal veteran or active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran or a person’s relationship or association with a protected veteran, including spouses and other family members, or any other protected group status. We will take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified minorities, women, individuals with a disability, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans or active-duty wartime or campaign badge veterans. The Affirmative Action Plan is available for viewing in the Human Resources office during regular business hours.