Senior Product Manager - Oncology
United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gilead’s therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the company’s five core values. That’s because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossibleFor Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site
to apply for this job.
At Gilead we believe every employee deserves a great leader. As a people leader now or in the future, we expect that you will model and create an environment of inclusion, be intentionally focused on the hiring, development, growth and retention of talent, and empower teams to align and achieve goals.
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a biopharmaceutical company that has pursued and achieved breakthroughs in medicine for more than three decades, with the goal of creating a healthier world for all people. The company is committed to advancing innovative medicines to prevent and treat life-threatening diseases, including HIV, viral hepatitis, and cancer. Gilead operates in more than 35 countries worldwide, with headquarters in Foster City, California.
Gilead's mission is to discover, develop and deliver therapies that will improve the lives of patients with life-threatening illnesses worldwide. The Senior Product Manager will report to the Associate Director of Franchise Oncology Marketing. The successful candidate will be responsible for helping to develop and implement a cross-functional tactical plan to support Gilead's oncology products.
- Lead the implementation of integrated tactical plans aligned with brand strategy, budget, and schedules.
- Measure plan performance through metrics tracking.
- Design and deliver meaningful end-to-end external promotional materials in partnership with networked functions, i.e. nurse educators, brand marketing, sales, and other functions as needed.
- Continually monitor the environment and leverage market research/analytics to optimize marketing plans and tactics.
- Escalate market challenges/barriers to leadership to consider appropriate ways to address them.
- Partner with the Promotional Review Committee (PRC) to ensure the development of compliant and effective promotional tactics and effective pull-through of these tactics. Partners closely with Legal and Regulatory organizations.
- Demonstrate leadership excellence in project management and effectively manage multiple projects and priorities aligned with key launches and release dates. Manage agency partnerships to ensure flawless execution, budget management, and continuous improvement plans.
- Create new marketing materials for a target customer need, including appropriate Multi-Channel-Marketing activities.
- Build clear internal presentations for the internal nurse educator team and other cross-functional audiences.
- Contribute to the development of differentiated brand & marketing concepts consistent with the brand's purpose and industry trends
Bachelor's Degree and Eight Years' Experience
Masters' Degree and Six Years' Experience
- Graduate degree in life sciences preferred
- Minimum 2-4 years of marketing experience
- 2-4 years of experience in pharmaceutical/biotech industry
- Therapeutic Area Knowledge, Oncology experience is desired
- Previous pharmaceutical/biotech sales/field experience is helpful
- Demonstrated understanding of pharmaceutical regulatory requirements and their impact on the development of marketing materials is required
- Highly detail oriented with a demonstrated record of flawless execution and effective project management
- Expertise and track record of successful marketing plan development and implementation, budget management and tracking progress of campaigns
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and strong team ethic with proven ability to work successfully with colleagues and cross-functional partners
- Effective communication skills, both oral and written
- Proven track record of marketing fundamentals, including agency management, Medical-Legal-Regulatory review experience, messaging development, tactical execution and pull-through, cross-functional partnership
- Ability to prioritize, flex, and thrive in an ambiguous environment undergoing transformational change.
The salary range for this position is: $160,820.00 - $208,120.00. Gilead considers a variety of factors when determining base compensation, including experience, qualifications, and geographic location. These considerations mean actual compensation will vary. This position may also be eligible for a discretionary annual bonus, discretionary stock-based long-term incentives (eligibility may vary based on role), paid time off, and a benefits package. Benefits include company-sponsored medical, dental, vision, and life insurance plans*.
For additional benefits information, visit: https://www.gilead.com/careers/compensation-benefits-and-wellbeing
* Eligible employees may participate in benefit plans, subject to the terms and conditions of the applicable plans.
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the 'Know Your Rights'
poster.NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACTYOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACTPAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site
to apply for this job.