The primary function of this position is to lead/assist with key strategic projects related to Global Medical Affairs (GMA) compliance to standards, processes, and training requirements as well as accountability to provide day to day support for the management of GMA-owned policies, procedures, and work instructions within DocuStop.
- Responsible for managing multiple cross-functional strategic projects within the Medical Compliance Excellence (MCE) organization, developing, and leading project plans and communicating to all applicable teams and leaders.
- Establishes and gains consensus and/or decisions on project goals, objectives, timelines, and deliverables.
- Reports project outcomes and/or risks to appropriate management channels as needed—escalating issues as necessary based on project work plans.
- Communicates effectively within MCE, cross-functionally and globally with all levels of leadership to develop and maintain strong relationships, holding team members accountable and driving projects to completion.
- Utilizes strategic thinking to identify, develop and improve processes within MCE to improve organization and consistency across the GMA pillars supported.
- Utilizes project management skills and tools to support MCE Leadership team during annual policy and procedure planning period and driving key strategic projects related to compliance.
- Develops and manages MCE monthly dashboards.
- Oversees management of the GMA Document Repository, DocuStop.
- Monitors resources appropriately to streamline project efficiency and maximize deliverables.
Bachelor’s Degree in a scientific or business-related field is required.
Project management certification (e.g., PMP) and/or change management experience preferred.
Applied knowledge of project management tools and processes (e.g., management of integration, scope, time, cost, quality, human resources, communications, compliance, and risk).
3-5 years pharmaceutical experience preferred.
Experience should include 1-2 years of project management and/or process improvement related experience.
Experience with policy and procedure and/or quality document writing/lifecycle management. Experience managing “virtual” teams and cross-functional team dynamics is preferred.
AbbVie is an equal opportunity employer including disability/vets. It is AbbVie’s policy to employ qualified persons of the greatest ability without discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, status as a disabled veteran, recently separated veteran, Armed Forces service medal veteran or active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran or a person’s relationship or association with a protected veteran, including spouses and other family members, or any other protected group status. We will take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified minorities, women, individuals with a disability, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans or active-duty wartime or campaign badge veterans. The Affirmative Action Plan is available for viewing in the Human Resources office during regular business hours.