Senior Director, Global Value & Access Pipeline Strategy (HIV & Emerging Viruses)
United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gilead’s therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the company’s five core values. That’s because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossibleFor Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site
to apply for this job.
At Gilead we believe every employee deserves a great leader. As a people leader now or in the future, we expect that you will model and create an environment of inclusion, be intentionally focused on the hiring, development, growth and retention of talent, and empower teams to align and achieve goals.
Job DescriptionSenior Director, Global Value & Access Pipeline Strategy - (HIV & Emerging Viruses)
Reporting to our Executive Director, GV&A HIV/EV based in Foster City, CA, our Senior Director, GV&A HIV & EV will:
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Lead a team of market access professionals to prepare and develop strategies, evidence and materials to achieve optimal value for our extensive HIV&EV portfolio of medicines.
- Partner closely with R&D, Medical Affairs, global and local commercial leadership to ensure V&A input is incorporated into clinical development, medical affairs and commercial strategies and business development (BD) opportunities.
- Work with Key Affiliates to define and understand their evidence needs to support price/access across priority medicines and integrate this perspective into development strategies and plans
- Lead the development of Global Value and Access (GV&A) strategy and plans for Gilead's late-stage COVID medicines, aligned with overall product strategy.
- Partner closely with Global Strategic Marketing (GSM) and other functions to ensure alignment with global brand strategy and strategic imperatives.
- Oversee payer and competitive research to understand value perception, landscape, evolving trends and value drivers to input into and influence Gilead's HIV&EV clinical development plans.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to incorporate Market access considerations into market assessments, product positioning, Global pricing polices for our HIV/EV portfolio.
- Build V&A stakeholder engagement priorities and plans across key markets, consistent engagement timelines and messaging, provide global interaction objectives and tools to support communication with external stakeholders and monitor stakeholder engagement activities.
We're seeking a strategic, influential leader with the following:
- A Bachelor's Degree and a minimum of 14 years of experience in the biotech or pharmaceutical industry in market access-related activities or an advanced degree and minimum of 12 years' experience
- MBA and/or advanced degree in life sciences or medical degree preferred
- Demonstrated ability to lead a globally-dispersed Team of market access professionals in a matrix environment
- Extensive market access experience working across the lifecycle of medicines, with a focus on early/pipeline experience an advantage
- HIV disease area experience and market knowledge an advantage
- Prior experience developing global V&A strategies, including developing global value messages, integrated evidence planning and TPPs for medicines in early stage development
- Strong understanding of global payer environment, including coverage and reimbursement, pricing and contracting, formulary management, HTA and payer policy
- Previous experience providing market access insights, to influence the clinical development of early/pipeline products
- Proven ability to lead and influence across functions and levels as well as lead cross-functional teams; skilled facilitator, negotiator and collaborator.
The salary range for this position is: $248,115.00 - $321,090.00. Gilead considers a variety of factors when determining base compensation, including experience, qualifications, and geographic location. These considerations mean actual compensation will vary. This position may also be eligible for a discretionary annual bonus, discretionary stock-based long-term incentives (eligibility may vary based on role), paid time off, and a benefits package. Benefits include company-sponsored medical, dental, vision, and life insurance plans*.
For additional benefits information, visit: https://www.gilead.com/careers/compensation-benefits-and-wellbeing
* Eligible employees may participate in benefit plans, subject to the terms and conditions of the applicable plans.
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org
for assistance.Following extensive monitoring, research, consideration of business implications and advice from internal and external experts, Gilead has made the decision to require all U.S., Canada, Australia, Singapore, and Hong Kong employees and contractors to receive the COVID-19 vaccines as a condition of employment. “Full vaccination” is defined as two weeks after both doses of a two-dose vaccine or two weeks since a single-dose vaccine has been administered. Anyone unable to be vaccinated, either because of a sincerely held religious belief or a medical condition or disability that prevents them from being vaccinated, can request a reasonable accommodation.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the 'Know Your Rights'
poster.NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACTYOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACTPAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site
to apply for this job.